PDA

View Full Version : A Quick Z1 Fender Question

DanteDemont
08-03-2011, 08:36 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-91-92-93-Celica-gt-X1-Body-FENDER-Kit-FENDERs-/390275834923?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ACelica%7CYear%3A1992&hash=item5ade40a42b

I've done alot of research, but i just want to be sure, Will these fit with a 92 Celica, It says it will fit with my exact model, But from Other pictures The bolts are in the right place as the lineup of my fender.

I Just got done taking mine off last night, worst case scenario I Can drill the holes in right?

Murgatroy
08-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Yes they will fit. If you have to you can drill new holes.

klapa
08-03-2011, 09:07 PM
I guess I don't get it - the pic above shows a bad view of the fenders - the chart below that says they fit every 5th trim version - including wide-body I suppose - but then the better pic below shows 90-93 Integra.

I would think at the very least either the wide body or narrow body plastics would NOT fit - probably wide body. Yet I don't know enough to be sure.

Probably should call them.

grifter30
08-03-2011, 09:18 PM
Personally, I would not touch those fenders. The listing is not clear since the title says Celica, but the actual description says Integra.

Item is not pre-drilled, not ready for paint
modifications required: sanding, shaving, trimming, application of heat, etc

DISCLAIMER: Vehicles depicted are highly modified for show which may include molding or adding to the original piece. Parts such as lights, splitters, canards, paint, wings, and others accessories are not included unless specified in the product description. Pictures are meant to show the style of the item(s) in the listing and in some cases may not necessarily show the exact year/make/model of the vehicle listed in the title and description.

Do not expect these parts to fit just like OEM parts right out of the box. However, if you are going to an experienced aftermarket professional body shop, they should have absolutely no problem getting these parts installed.

That disclaimer also makes me want to avoid this. If you're planning on installing these yourself and you don't have any experience putting them on, you'll probably need to spend a lot of time getting them right and that's if you don't damage them too badly in the process.

On a personal note, these types of fenders are not my style either, so I'm a little biased. I think the Celica has a great shape already and this would detract from it, in my opinion. My thoughts are, you own a Celica, keep it a Celica. Don't own a Celica that you wish was an Integra and try to mimic an Integra or some other car.

Good luck though if you do end up going with these. As always, go slow, get some help, and do some more research.

DanteDemont
08-03-2011, 10:34 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-91-92-93-Celica-coupe-Z3-gt-gts-Fender-Kit-Fenders-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ220605622298

What about these?
Honestly I had fender damage an just took it off, So I just sorta wanted something that would spruce up the look a little bit, If i did have to replace the fenders you know.
If you guys have any can you post links?
i've looked everywhere.

klapa
08-03-2011, 10:45 PM
I'll look around - I've seen a place that has OEM looking plastic fenders - and also a place of some Brit on Alltrac.net that has really fancy (and pricey) fenders.

You didn't mention your trim level - if it is a narrow body I would think you could find a good fender at a junk yard.

BTW - I don't like body kits either but if you did find some fenders that match the unmistakable and beautiful 5th gen lines with those louvres - I think they would look good.

Certainly - the 5th gen does have the most beautiful lines of about any car body - in my "unbiased" opinion ;)

As for the link above - it's the same thing except this guy took the trouble to remove the Integra pics - they state that you need a professional body shop to fit them - and only give you three days to return them. Yea - maybe they will fit - after cutting them in half and having a skin graft or something.

Also - again - how can they "fit" both a narrow and wide body? Does this mean they will "fit" if you are willing to buy new wheels and wheel well plastics (in the case of a wide body)? Again - I don't know enough - maybe - somehow - the plastics are the same even if the wheel well is bigger.

I wouldn't touch that (return policy) with a ten foot pole.

grifter30
08-03-2011, 10:56 PM
I'm with Klapa on trying to find a fender in a yard. You'll have less work to do and I think that is something that might be more reasonable for you to do yourself. However, I'm not sure what really goes into prepping those fenders to put onto a car. It could be cake and they just put the line about having a pro shop put them in for liability/return reasons.

I'd say it's your car and like I've seen a lot of other folks post, you're the one that has to be happy with it, not us. Just put a good amount of research into what it takes to install those fenders so that you know exactly what you're getting into. And it could be a great learning experience.

Also some food for thought, remember to add in to the overall cost of the new fender the primer, paint, materials, labor, etc. that you'll have to put toward getting those fenders on your car.

90GT2
08-06-2011, 04:06 AM
I had contacted both of those vendors a few weeks ago inquiring about if they were wide body fenders or narrow body. They said they were narrow body fenders. Just a quick note wide body and narrow body fenders are easily interchangeable on all 5th gen Celica trims.

Murgatroy
08-06-2011, 08:16 AM
Yes, the widebody and narrowbody are interchangeable. There are several folks with widebody fenders on their narrowbody, and a couple of guys that got narrowbody replacement panels for a widebody until they could find the correct panel.

The fender liners don't interchange. The mudflaps don't interchange. The sideskirts don't interchange. All of these can be modified to work though.

The factory wheels will work without changing. As a matter of fact, if you have the proper offset for the widebody fenders in the front, they will be flush on the rear of the narrowbody without spacers. The factory wheels are rather inset on the widebody. Even with a narrowbody, flush on the front requires a spacer on the rear.

I have junkyard fenders on both sides of Chaos. I paid around $50 for the pair.

klapa
08-06-2011, 03:46 PM
I knew the fenders themselves would fit - just didn't know about the underbody plastics.