PDA

View Full Version : Dyno

BonzaiCelica
07-26-2011, 02:36 AM
Where Can I have a dyno done for less than $75. I got that quote at a honda tuning place for 3 runs on stock ecu to see how much power I'm putting down. I know dyno days where you bring in a lot of cars can be somewhere around $50. I'm in Orange County, CA can anybody help me out. I'm looking for the cheapest alternative for a dyno as I'm jobless right now...

Lonestag
07-26-2011, 03:38 AM
If you are really on a budget, a lot of smart phones have dyno apps. Not too bad if your just looking for a rough idea. what are you measuring for?

BonzaiCelica
07-26-2011, 10:09 AM
I want to see how much real power my 4th gen 3sge redtop is putting out.

4thgenceli
07-26-2011, 03:23 PM
Where Can I have a dyno done for less than $75. I got that quote at a honda tuning place for 3 runs on stock ecu to see how much power I'm putting down. I know dyno days where you bring in a lot of cars can be somewhere around $50. I'm in Orange County, CA can anybody help me out. I'm looking for the cheapest alternative for a dyno as I'm jobless right now...

$75 for 3 pulls is not a bad deal.

I want to see how much real power my 4th gen 3sge redtop is putting out.

This in itself is oxymoron when taken into account the previous quote. No two dynometers are the same. You'll get slightly different (sometimes vastly different) results with each unit (hell even between pulls sometimes).

Without a standalone and/or other supporting mods to tune the maps your numbers really won't change much. Once you add these, then you'll need another dyno day to go and have someone tune it for you (which I've heard locally runs around $150/hr).

BonzaiCelica
07-27-2011, 07:07 PM
standalone tuning is a whole different thing in which I'm well aware of. I just need an average number.

T-spoon
07-28-2011, 06:02 AM
well by definition to get an average number you would need samples from several different dyno types and then average that number. That said, good luck finding a real dyno cheaper than $75, unless you attend a "Dyno Day" type event.

BonzaiCelica
07-28-2011, 07:17 PM
ya dyno day is basically what I'm looking for. Those usually cost $50.