PDA

View Full Version : 2nd generation 3sgte oil pan hose needed.

shreddr69
07-24-2011, 11:55 PM
So I go to put oil in my motor and low and behold it starts leaking out fast. I tracked it down to this busted hose coming out of the oil pan up. I need to replace this hose but I gotta make sure it's made out of the proper material as water lines deteriorate under motor oil contact. Water hose is what kragens wanted to sell me and the dealer could not even locate the part number. Just wondering if anyone knows where I can find this preformed hose? Thanks....

DudeMan
07-25-2011, 01:09 AM
I believe the part number is 15491-88380.

Luni
07-25-2011, 01:19 AM
This hose isnt something you want to cheap out on. Just buy one from Toyota and be secure in the knowledge that this one will last another ~100k miles or more.

The Captain
07-25-2011, 03:05 AM
This hose isnt something you want to cheap out on. Just buy one from Toyota and be secure in the knowledge that this one will last another ~100k miles or more.

This.

Luni
07-25-2011, 04:29 AM
Buy 2 new clamps while you're at it. They lose their spring tension over the years. Order it online at www.lithiatoyotaparts.com

shreddr69
07-26-2011, 05:11 AM
Wow, what a great outpouring of advice! I will take that part number to toyota as they could not find it before. Thanks again! I'll let you know if that is the part, oh and I'll be sure to get the clamps. No cheaping out anywhere, especially on parts you can almost not get to without pulling the motor! AHHHHH!!

Luni
07-27-2011, 04:30 AM
If you call Aaron or Tracy or whomever else is at the parts counter at Lithia toyota and let them know what youre working on and what youre doing, theyll get you taken care of I promise. Tracy knows 3SGTEs well. He owns a Turbo MR2 maybe 2. Aaron knows the parts system well too.

Theyll email you part numbers so you can get the right stuff on their site. Their service is outstanding, and you get a discount that usually negates shipping so you usually still end up saving money. While youre ordering, get a few of the Crystal Matrix (just tell Aaron or Tracey the mad JDM Tyte ones) oil filters. And whatever else you think youll need for awhile.

Their number is 541-736-3221. Theyll treat you right.