PDA

View Full Version : Need to know about 3SFE Motor Mounts

almc224
07-15-2011, 03:14 PM
Hello everyone, I'm new. My online name is mensajero from RAV4world.com. Yes, a RAV4, here is my problem. My RAV4 has the very popular 3SFE engine. But, I'm having problems with the Header. As I come up my houses carport. The incline causes a jolt on the engine. Since the header is a custom exhaust system. It tends to crack the pipes. I've tried a flex tube already, it has helped a little. But I'm going through my third header in four years.

I'm planning to install a new header from OBXracing header along with polyurethane engine mounts (EM). The EM will help solidify the engine so when I pop the clutch, the engine won't jolt and crack my header. The 3SFE engine is a very popular engine with Celica's. Does anyone know who sells or makes polyurethane engine mounts for my RAV4 in the USA, specifically Florida. I've check everywhere so far.
:blink:

CollapsedNut
07-15-2011, 03:22 PM
Hmmmm. I have both a rav4 and a celica. The problem is they use differant mounts...
Look into filling your mounts with a urethane above shore 60 maybe.

4thgenceli
07-15-2011, 04:16 PM
Yeah, unfortunally while the motor codes may be the same, the mounting points/locations and mount dimensions are different.

You can do as the nut above said, a poly fill on your old mounts. Also google is your friend in this case.

First result..
http://www.rav4world.com/forums/94-4-1-d-i-y-modifications/85894-urgent-engine-mount-research-needed-polyurethane-parts-available.html

almc224
07-15-2011, 11:04 PM
Thank you very much guys.