PDA

View Full Version : Question about Vendor

91slickgt
07-12-2011, 05:14 PM
www.car-part.com

has anyone ever ordered from these guys before?
are they legit?
apparently its some parts recyclers?

anyways. i need the wiper arm for my 5th gen.
not the blade. the actual arm.
2 of them

they have a pair for 35 bucks. just curious to see if anyone has ever dealed with these guys before.

4thgenceli
07-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Fuck..

long reply deleted :(

Car-part not a vendor.

Car_Barn_Bandit
07-12-2011, 06:01 PM
There are many legit, and ill-legit places connected there. Car-Part is just like craigslist. It allows you to search many businesses for parts.

UtahSleeper
07-12-2011, 09:11 PM
When you try and order parts on their site you are actually contacting the junk yard.

I usually sort by zip code and try and find one close to me.

grimmythereaper
07-12-2011, 09:43 PM
i should have my extra set of wiper arms, pm me and we can talk about pricing and all that good stuff:)

Luni
07-13-2011, 01:46 AM
car-part is pretty legit. Never had anything bad come from any of the people Ive bought shit from over the years. Marios vert engine came from there. My Celicas 2zz came from there. Kanoodles Mazdas engine came from there.

Lonestag
07-13-2011, 03:22 AM
Hey finally a topic I can shine some real light on.

I work for LKQ, a major player in the automotive replacement part business. I use car part all day to access the inventories of most of the major salvage yards in ohio to broker parts for customers.

Car part is an excellent resource for finding what you need when the local pick and pull is letting you down.

Two major things to keep in mind though.

Like it was mentioned earlier, car-part isn't a vendor, just a way to see what yards have the part you need. Every major yard from the sleaziest mafia connected junk yard to the most honest and proffesional dismantler could be on there, so always proceed with caution.

Also, a lot of these yards are large operations that sell tens of thousands of dollers in parts every day, sometimes they just won't feel like looking for a wiper arm for a 92 celica when he knows the guy on the next line is about to buy a $2500 subaru 2.5 engine. So in that sense, smaller can be a lot better.

The hidden gem of car-part is it allows you to access the hollander interchange system which can give you interesting insight to what part might work even though it is from a completly different car. For Instance, you can find out that the 05 Matrix transmission you need could come out of an 08 Pontiac Vibe. So it is good for pointing you in the right direction for the part you need.

91slickgt
07-13-2011, 03:16 PM
wow great replies,. thanks guys. grimmy pm sent

91slickgt
07-13-2011, 03:18 PM
i cant wait to get some new arms haha

mine are held togehter by gorilla tape! FTW

grimmythereaper
07-14-2011, 05:40 AM
wow great replies,. thanks guys. grimmy pm sent

pm replied