PDA

View Full Version : Where to put my Battery wire for my amp?

Eric Barrera
07-05-2011, 01:03 AM
I use to have it through my wiring harness entrance, but I only have a limited amount of 4 gauge wire. Where did you get it through? I was thinking maybe my windshield wiper motor. I really don't want to drill a hole but if I have to I guess I can.

Thanks in advance guys :D

4thgenceli
07-05-2011, 01:11 AM
In the gen4 there is a grommet in the drivers fender. Cut off the lil nipple off it and a 8gauge wire fits perfectly. It routes down to by the fusebox at your feet. I am using this hole for my 87's subwoofer and for the 1/0 in the 89

Eric Barrera
07-05-2011, 11:52 PM
I found the grommet. You forgot to mention what a PITA it is to get it through the tiny hole (at least fir the 5th gen) lol

4thgenceli
07-06-2011, 12:11 AM
Lube.... I greased my wire and it slid just fine through it. The 1/0 was a bitch though....lol.

Eric Barrera
07-06-2011, 12:18 AM
Member I said 4 gauge lmfao -__-

Ads28
07-06-2011, 01:11 AM
Glad ya found one, If you dont have AC you can do what I did http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?40850-90-Gt-s-Amp-and-Sub-install&highlight=

Luni
07-06-2011, 05:01 AM
Dont grease or lube your wire with anything other than dish soap. You dont want grease in the interior of your car. Dishsoap dries not greasy so its the best stuff to use for this sort of thing. Just my advice from doing it for years.

CriScO
07-06-2011, 06:19 AM
Luni is a lube expert...

MCcelica
07-06-2011, 07:36 AM
I ran mine through the fender over the wheel well and in a spot where it can't be pinched by the door. Then under carpet from there. Make sure after you run the power, that you run your RCA's from the deck on the other side of the vic'. Otherwise you stand a legit chance of getting a "whirring"/"whining" noise through your speakers that increases in pitch as you increase in rev's. (That is due to not enough insulation between the power and the signal cables, when your signal cables [RCA's] pick up interference from the power)

acidice333
07-06-2011, 10:26 PM
If u don't have AC, run it thru the grommit for the AC lines... or simply run it thru the main harness gromit.

Or if u don't have cruise or have vacuum cruise control (not electronic since the electronic has a cable going thru the firewall), run it thru that grommit but that one might be too small.

Me, I just made a incision in the main harness grommit and slid it thru.. just force it down and pull it out from the inside.