PDA

View Full Version : whats next for toyota

medivh66
12-07-2004, 06:40 PM
:blahblah: As bad as it looks right now I can't honestly see toyota putting all of their performance effort in the TC. everybody thought nissan was done a few years ago and look where they are at now. They need to take a cue from the 1st gen celica, cheap performance. They cant go from having the mr2, celica, supra in the last decade to nothing this decade. They must have something up their sleeve, this must be like the calm before the storm. :blahblah:

gt_turbo
12-07-2004, 08:38 PM
i'm telling you v12 supra! :lol:

Elbrado2
12-07-2004, 10:40 PM
If they do make the supra(if thats what they will call it) it will have a v-10 or a v-8 to save on costs. The v-10 in the prototypes arent based on the F1 v-10s. Today i got a new car and driver and the new photos of it in the magazine are pretty ugly IMO. The side profile is nice but the front and rear are ugly.

TRDmkII
12-07-2004, 10:49 PM
i don't see how they would call it a supra if it doesn't have an inline 6....call it something new...lol. just had to add that....toyota is always slow and hesitant to come out with things that could be considered risky, i mean they must be doing something right considering last year they were the number 2 car selling company in the world behind GM and you know how many differnt cars they have....so though i wish they had a nice rear drive sports car, i can't blame them for going the route that they are.

ChrisD
12-08-2004, 04:28 AM
I dunno, but if they don't roll out something soon, the canadian toyota dealerships in 05 are going to be one sad sight.

(no scion here, if you didnt catch that)

Santa
12-08-2004, 04:40 AM
i don't see how they would call it a supra if it doesn't have an inline 6....call it something new...lol. just had to add that....toyota is always slow and hesitant to come out with things that could be considered risky, i mean they must be doing something right considering last year they were the number 2 car selling company in the world behind GM and you know how many differnt cars they have....so though i wish they had a nice rear drive sports car, i can't blame them for going the route that they are.
Toyota is not hesitant to come out w/ new stuff: Hybrid cars & Scion line.

GT4Dreams
12-08-2004, 04:50 AM
I think their next wave of sports cars will definatly be through Scion. Can you imagine how they "tore up the scene" when they unvieled the 90 All-Trac, then one year later, the 91 MR2 Turbo, then two years later, the Supra Turbo? Before we know it, a lot of us are going to be trying to catch the taillights of a 13 sec 1/4 mile Scion. (We might have that in a few months ie Supercharged tC with some tuning and large tires:))

jai
12-09-2004, 07:31 PM
I believe in toyota. For a while, it was time for consolidation. Meaning everything camry (solara, es330, highlander, rx330, sienna)..and that worked great and profitable. The new GS is due out with great numbers...the new avalon stats are sure maxima killers. Look what is hot in the market, small 4 door sports sedan (neon-srt, lancer evo, etc)...so we have rolla xrs. Suv's were hot, and we had a whole fleet of them. Trucks were in..and we have great two trucks. As far as 2 door cars, ok we only have SC, solara and Tc. But i'm sure in time, there will be another one also in the line up. The thing is supra name is soo legendary that nothing new can be compared to the legend. I've heard of differnt names for the forthcomign supercar..3500GT...(do keep in mind the new avalon engine is a 3.5 v6)..so you never know...

TRDmkII
12-10-2004, 01:33 AM
the current avalon engine is only a 3.3L. same engine that is in the rx330 highlander camry solara so wheres this 3.6 come from?...

85gtsblackman
12-10-2004, 02:37 AM
i hope toyota dont turn into oldsmobile

look what happened to them

jai
12-10-2004, 10:59 PM
the current avalon engine is only a 3.3L. same engine that is in the rx330 highlander camry solara so wheres this 3.6 come from?...
Well..now you stand CORRECTED......

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/dealers/vehicles/2005-Avalon/index.htm

^^ that is the avalon i was talking about, thats the maxima beater avalon dude!

bator
12-10-2004, 11:15 PM
i hope toyota dont turn into oldsmobile

look what happened to them

:lolhittin

so true.