PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Stereo Harness.

Eric Barrera
07-02-2011, 02:49 AM
So I recently got a VR3 VR-500cs-bt for free, but I didn't get the harness for it. I have looked EVERYWHERE for the damn thing, and I am not getting any replies from the company so I said fuck this. My question is, could I make a "safe" home made harness and just tap into the pins? All I would really need is to tap into the right one, right?

Any thoughts?

METDeath
07-02-2011, 03:08 PM
Find a used one on eBay, or dead unit.

Eric Barrera
07-02-2011, 03:50 PM
There is nothing on Ebay. I'll keep looking though.

Facime
07-02-2011, 07:52 PM
You could tap it safely. Are the pins round or little blades? You could find a harness with the same kind of pins and de-pin it, shrinktube each pin and connect it up (so long as you can find a pinout guide as well). I wouldnt recommend trying to solder on a pigtail as it would be pretty hard to reverse if you ever wanted to.

Pick a part yards often have lots of cheap head units and you might be able to find a harness thats useable (either fits, or to de-pin).

Eric Barrera
07-02-2011, 08:08 PM
They are little blades. I'll probably depin a old stereo harness that I have laying around.

Facime
07-02-2011, 08:47 PM
When you are on EXTREME budgets like I usually am, AND you live in the middle of nowhere, sometimes you learn to make do in very creative ways.
Also, I never throw anything away. Old parts go into a bin and are stored in case I just happen to need it down the road.

Eric Barrera
07-03-2011, 12:29 AM
lol, so true. I know how and what i'm going to use, but for the love of me I can't find the damn Pin out for this. -__-

Facime
07-03-2011, 02:58 AM
if you can find a picture of the harness you can base the pinout on the colors since that is all standard now.

Eric Barrera
07-03-2011, 02:35 PM
Well I did find the online manual for it.