PDA

View Full Version : Speaker wiring? troubleshoot me! lol

AllOutRed90
04-27-2005, 02:23 AM
:laugh:

this is actually been troubling me since i got the car, i havent had any speakers in the car except the ones by the back passengers. im awaiting the help from someone to tell me or show me how to wire up the door speakers so that they work again.
it isnt that the speakers dont work, because i took them out and wired them onto my house system and they still work, but that the owner before me chopped all the wiring because they had a custom sub install and unhooked it wrong, so now im left with the door speakers not hooked up somewhere along the wiring....so my question is....

How to wire the dooe speakers into the head unit so that they work?

and also i have a speaker question....what size are the under dash, door, and rear speaker sizes? i have checked many sites and have gotten many different answers....anyone with the info please advise me on how to wire them and what sizes are for which area?

TEAMFaint
04-27-2005, 02:45 AM
Dont know about the wiring, but here are the speaker sizes:
Dash: 4"
Doors: 8"
Rear: 6.5"
Front Tweeters: 1"
Rear Tweeters: 2"

AllOutRed90
04-27-2005, 03:08 AM
seems reasonable ... i heard that the back ones were 7's and the dash ones were 3's and ive heard the back ones were 5 1/4 and all this other shit...but yours sound right....thanks for the info...

anyone know how to wire those speakers in the door?

Tommy91GT
04-27-2005, 05:37 AM
Dash is 3.5" but some 4' will fit (min. mod)
Doors are 6.5" but some 8" will fit
Rear is 5 1/4" but most 6.5" will fit

You should be able to see the original wires in the door. check the wiring diagrams here on the site, they should be able to give you the colors you are looking for. Worse case scenerio run new wires from hareness to door.

david in germany
04-27-2005, 06:25 AM
Dash is 3.5" but some 4' will fit (min. mod)
Doors are 6.5" but some 8" will fit
Rear is 5 1/4" but most 6.5" will fit

Actualy incorrect Tommy. stock sizes are 1" tweet top of door,
8" woofer in door, 4" woofer (yes woofer) in dash by the knee,
6.5 (din shape) in rear pannel and 2" tweet in the rear corners (but this is the system 10 we are talkin about. '
Whyte_FifthGen90 you need to start looking for your problems under the passenger seat.. #1 check to see if the amp is still in place,2# then check the wire harness to see how hacked up it is. #3 then check behind the deck to see if the system 10 harness is connected. Do you have a 1 piece deck or a 2 piece?
David

AllOutRed90
04-28-2005, 03:41 AM
confused....i have system 10, i have a sony flipscreen cd player mx60 i beleive...if that does it for ya...i am not a wiring genius but the deck was installed by me...thanks

david in germany
04-28-2005, 06:21 AM
confused....i have system 10, i have a sony flipscreen cd player mx60 i beleive...if that does it for ya...i am not a wiring genius but the deck was installed by me...thanks
SO #1 check to see if the amp is still in place, 2# then check the wire harness to see how hacked up it is. #3 then check behind the deck to see if the system 10 harness is connected.

AllOutRed90
04-28-2005, 02:02 PM
i know i have no amp/// but the others ill check later thanks

david in germany
04-28-2005, 03:17 PM
You have no system 10 amp.. that is why your system 10 speakers are not working. If you use the correct harness you can make 8 of the 10 speakers work and then you will need an amp for the subs. When you installed the deck that is in it did you cut and splice any wires or did you use an aftermarket harness?

AllOutRed90
04-28-2005, 04:00 PM
would i have to plug it into the other one in the back of the deck? there was 2 harnesses i really have no clue which is which i used the one that was used before me...i dunno ill get picks...thanks