PDA

View Full Version : where is a good shop to get my celica tuned properly?!?!

TRDRACING89
06-10-2011, 12:00 AM
i swapped a st215 3sgte into my 6th gen celica and i wanna get it tuned properly, where are there good toyota shops to get that done?

i am located in C.A, L.A area..

klapa
06-10-2011, 12:20 AM
How will you get your smog? Was your 6th gen orginally a turbo car? Is your 6th gen an OBDII car?

I would find some off the wall place to get it tuned - and inspected.

Hookecho
06-10-2011, 12:47 AM
Tuned for what reason? What kind of mods do you have?

KoreanJoey
06-10-2011, 05:43 AM
i swapped a st215 3sgte into my 6th gen celica and i wanna get it tuned properly, where are there good toyota shops to get that done?

i am located in C.A, L.A area..

A good tuner is a good tuner, regardless of what EMS or motor. I don't know any down there sadly. Fortunately I have a number of good tuners in my area.

TRDRACING89
06-10-2011, 06:06 AM
i havnt done any real mods to the engine, just convert to a front mount and install a boost controller, but its kinda starts to cut out when i run at anything higher then 9psi, almost like its starts to bog, or its running lean.
and i just want the engine to run to its potential and i know that it isnt so i want to get it properly tuned.

TRDRACING89
06-10-2011, 06:11 AM
How will you get your smog? Was your 6th gen orginally a turbo car? Is your 6th gen an OBDII car?

I would find some off the wall place to get it tuned - and inspected.
its a 94 celica gt does not come originally turbo'd, and it wont pass smog, gotta get someone to do it, and i believe it is OBDII ..

KoreanJoey
06-10-2011, 06:23 AM
Nothing to tune unless you're running an ems.

Find out what's wrong with the car.

BabyBear
06-10-2011, 06:33 AM
i havnt done any real mods to the engine, just convert to a front mount and install a boost controller, but its kinda starts to cut out when i run at anything higher then 9psi, almost like its starts to bog, or its running lean.
and i just want the engine to run to its potential and i know that it isnt so i want to get it properly tuned.

Any 3SGTE should be able to boost over 9 psi without any issues on a stock turbo. If yours is cutting out you've got something else wrong that needs fixin

Luni
06-10-2011, 07:07 AM
Also, OBD2 is an america thing. ST215 engines are still OBD1. You cant do much for tuning without an EMS or some blackboxes which I dislike a lot.

If you want to be tuned, get a standalone (EMS).

Also what BabyBear said is absolutely correct. You shouldnt have any issues running 9lbs of boost on a 3S. Any 3S. When was the last time you checked all your ignition components?

Hookecho
06-10-2011, 03:03 PM
You have a boost leak.

TRDRACING89
06-13-2011, 05:09 AM
what if there is low oil pressure bcz i have a leak? or if the engine is running hot? will that cause it to do that? bcz when i turn my car on in the morning when its cold it runs perfect no turbo lag or anything untill it gets how then thats when it starts acting up..

Luni
06-13-2011, 05:23 AM
Sounds ignition related to me. Or maybe something with a coolant temp sensor. When was the last time you checked your ignition components? I know you dont really have a distributor or plug wires, but when was the last time you changed your spark plugs?

TRDRACING89
06-13-2011, 06:09 AM
Sounds ignition related to me. Or maybe something with a coolant temp sensor. When was the last time you checked your ignition components? I know you dont really have a distributor or plug wires, but when was the last time you changed your spark plugs?

i checked them and they looked good but i havnt changed them, they are still original ones since i bought then engine lol, so deff a good idea to do anyways. just havnt yet.

joe's gt
06-13-2011, 06:46 AM
its a 94 celica gt does not come originally turbo'd, and it wont pass smog, gotta get someone to do it, and i believe it is OBDII ..

You are gonna have to pay some serious money under the table or have someone very willing to put their smog license on the line to pass you. If you don't got someone lined up, you might be spending a lot of dough trying to find a shop that will pass you or risk losing your car in the process.

TRDRACING89
06-13-2011, 07:17 AM
You are gonna have to pay some serious money under the table or have someone very willing to put their smog license on the line to pass you. If you don't got someone lined up, you might be spending a lot of dough trying to find a shop that will pass you or risk losing your car in the process.
already had it done prior to swapping the engine so i got another 2 yrs, and i already have people to do it for me, thats the least of my worries.

Luni
06-14-2011, 12:18 AM
Change your plugs. Then report back. One thing at a time. Keep it simple.

TRDRACING89
06-14-2011, 08:29 AM
Change your plugs. Then report back. One thing at a time. Keep it simple.

will do thanks.