PDA

View Full Version : 5sfte wont run

spitfiremk16
06-01-2011, 01:29 AM
hi guys, Ive just about got my 5sfte running but i cant get my greddy emanage ultimate to work right, its not telling the injectors to fire. ive double checked the wiring and it is correct and i even hooked the injector wires back up to factory bypassing the emanage and the car started up and ran very very rich for about half a minute, then it got flooded and would not start again. i figured it would not run for very long or at all because of the 460 cc injectors im using are way too much for the factory ecu to control, not sure whats going on here. is my emanage bad? its definitely getting injector signal and ground but nothing coming out. or do i maybe not have something on the emanage not set up right? any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Smaay
06-03-2011, 02:51 AM
did you wire them in the right direction? i made this mistake with the AEM FIC.

The Captain
06-03-2011, 04:43 AM
Could it have something to do with "high" or "low" impedance injectors?

spitfiremk16
06-04-2011, 10:46 PM
thanks for the help guys, i put the stock injectors back in just to get it running, i needed to move it to a different garage, and i lost oil pressure, pretty sure the turbo and cams are gonna be toast. well see when i take her apart

SMILEYOSO
06-07-2011, 07:08 AM
In the inj tab, where u select size of injectors, instead of typeing in 460cc, type in a smaller value to where the car will stay on. Also if you have a wideband o2, use it to get the car to run less rich till it runs normal at idle. You can txt me also, ive gt a emanage ultimate aswell.
4692544717 - Johnny

spitfiremk16
06-09-2011, 01:06 AM
thanks smileyoso unfortunately i took the cams out just a minute ago and under the cam caps is all scored up on the caps, the camshafts and the head, the car is definitely going to need a new head and cams if i were to get it running again. i did have webcams no 294 regrind cams in there too, this also means that my turbo is going to need a complete rebuild at the least, and i still have not figured out why i had this unexplained drop in oil pressure in the first place, i have a feeling it has something to do with the remote oil cooler and remote oil filter mount setup i have as it was giving me problems at first, i originally had 2 oil lines hooked up backwards and the anti drainback valve on my toyota oil filter would not let the oil pass through it backwards. it did not have oil pressure then either but as soon as i switched the lines it had pressure and it was running then i went to check the ignition timing and i went back in the car and the good old red light of death was on. honestly at this point im debating whether i should sell the car or do the 3s swap. the car is in ok shape, had some rust which i fixed and the interior has good pieces and bad, paints not great either, theres still alot that needs to be done on the car and it almost just seems to make more sense to save up a little money and buy another celica or alltrac or mr2 thats in better shape.