PDA

View Full Version : Hello from SoCal

Jamezzy
05-16-2011, 05:49 AM
Hey Jamezzy here.

Been on a couple of forums. I signed here some months ago, but didn't really go on till now.

Alot of plans for my 4thgen. Sadly not many people favor these beautiful cars. Probably because it's FWD. I don't like it either but the car is beautiful. Good t hing these cars aren't main stream like the 240sx's and hondas. I prefer these GT's GT-S's and AllTracs be underground. :amuse:

Went for a trip down to the T.O.R.C. Fest. Very nice cars. Only 2 Tracs 4th gens, and a legendary IMSA Celica. Looking to add my car in soon as well:laugh:
Anyway, like I said big plans. 3S-GTE FWD swap in the coming year or years.

Cheers guys.

jaydog82
05-16-2011, 06:08 AM
hellow back to ya, nice 4th gen:)

Jamezzy
05-16-2011, 06:36 AM
Thanks! Here's some pictures
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a275/strongGUY66/Forums/SDC14054.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a275/strongGUY66/Forums/SDC14058.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a275/strongGUY66/Forums/SDC14065.jpg

manda
05-16-2011, 06:17 PM
welcome

Car_Barn_Bandit
05-16-2011, 07:10 PM
Spreading some SoCal love, welcome!

Tom will love those wheels, he rocks them on his 5th Gen. vert.

Where are you at? I'm always looking for fellow Celica lovers to cruise with. It would be nice, if some people, got their cars running, <cough cough>.

The nice thing about Celicas, is whenever I go to a yard, I find parts. The less popular they are now, the more selection we have!

grimmythereaper
05-17-2011, 02:35 AM
welcome and i think im in love with ur 4th gen:)

Jamezzy
05-17-2011, 07:54 AM
Thanks guys. Those wheels are some mid to late 90's PRIME tri spoke wheels. I just painted them flat black, they lost their chrome anyway, plus they would look better in black for the rest of the car. Thanks for the compliments really appreciate it:bigsmile:

Yes, I'm around the Covina area, between Glendora/Azusa. Not horribly far but a good distance. Heck yeah, down for a cruise. Set a cruise schedule up and we'll go from there!:headbang:

Sopaynefull
06-02-2011, 10:55 PM
I'm a new member up in Big Bear Lake. I don't go off the hill too often, but if you guys set up a get - together let me know and I'd love to join in. Or, if you ever head up the mountain give me a PM and we can get together for a BBQ or something.

Scott.

Car_Barn_Bandit
06-02-2011, 11:04 PM
I'm a new member up in Big Bear Lake. I don't go off the hill too often, but if you guys set up a get - together let me know and I'd love to join in. Or, if you ever head up the mountain give me a PM and we can get together for a BBQ or something.

Scott.

Id love to do a day in late June. I think we got enough people around here to finally do it. I'm game for BBQ in the mountains.

Sopaynefull
06-04-2011, 08:21 PM
There is an awesome park down right next to the lake that has picnic tables, lots of parking, bbq stands, etc. I'll contact the park district and see what it takes to reserve one. I'm presuming everyone would prefer to do it on a Saturday? Let me know which one is best and I can get things rolling. The only bad thing about this plan is you guys get to cruise the fun mountain road and I don't! FYI- the celica is a REALLY fun car to drive the hill on- especially if you have MT. Heck, I like it so much I may even meet you guys at the bottom of the hill just to drive up with you!

The Captain
06-04-2011, 08:29 PM
One of these days I'm going to ship my car to socal for the TORC vintage Japanese car show...

Car_Barn_Bandit
06-04-2011, 10:42 PM
I literally moved out here with my Celica with the idea to drive all of Highway 2. The La Crescenta-Flintridge part is making me regret that idea. I could do a Saturday with enough notice. Wanna do last weekend in June, the 25th?

Sopaynefull
06-05-2011, 09:49 PM
I can't do the weekend of the 25th or 26th....wife's B-day. She would probably divorce me. Soooooo....... maybe better to make it a weekend day in July so we could have time to get a couple more people involved? How many cars are we talking about here?w

Sopaynefull
06-16-2011, 10:17 PM
Bumpedy bump bump for a weekend get-together in July? I'm more than happy to "Host" up in Big Bear & set a BBQ, or I can come down if that's better.

Car_Barn_Bandit
06-17-2011, 01:33 AM
Let me look at my schedule and see what weekend day I can request off. Sunday or Saturday preference?

Sopaynefull
06-17-2011, 09:19 AM
Totally up to you. It would be a lot of fun if we could get a couple of guys together to do the mountain run. That road is so much fun to drive in my Celica, I love it. I wasn't joking when I said that if you guys come up I would drive down just to come back up w/ you. Especially if it was a group.

Car_Barn_Bandit
06-17-2011, 11:25 PM
Saturday, July 16th. I will bring some food, Blackhawk, a camera and my Frisbee. Let's extend the invite and start a new thread about it. Ill likely pickup Eric and drive him over unless his car gets back together...

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

Sopaynefull
06-18-2011, 09:07 PM
Sweet- get a new thread going and I'll hop in. That Sat. sounds fine. Are we bringing girlfriend's, wives, kids? Or are we going to make this just a fun guy thing? Hopefully we can get some more cars going up the hill, that would make it a lot more fun. I'll go down to the parks / recreation office on Monday and reserve us a spot. BTW I am totally jealous of the name Blackhawk - my car's name is Betsy! I really need to change it.

Car_Barn_Bandit
06-18-2011, 10:23 PM
I was in Chicago during the Stanley Cup Finals last year. It had to happen. (Born in Chicago)

I'll start seeing who we can round up.

Car_Barn_Bandit
06-18-2011, 11:12 PM
Thread is up here:
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?53352-SoCal-Big-Bear-BBQ-amp-Cruise-(Saturday-July-16th)

Eric Barrera
06-18-2011, 11:24 PM
Spreading some SoCal love, welcome!

Tom will love those wheels, he rocks them on his 5th Gen. vert.

Where are you at? I'm always looking for fellow Celica lovers to cruise with. It would be nice, if some people, got their cars running, <cough cough>.

The nice thing about Celicas, is whenever I go to a yard, I find parts. The less popular they are now, the more selection we have!

Hey, ummmm, Fawk you lol =P

welcome to the forums