PDA

View Full Version : Block Heater Tacoma

Tecker184
05-06-2011, 04:25 AM
I have read that there is a OEM option for a block heater for my tacoma. Its said to be only available in canada, but i was wondering if you could get it for me. My research yielded Heater: C0140-02141 and cord C0140-01791 thanks

CollapsedNut
05-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Your tacoma is a diesel?

Aaron Willis
05-06-2011, 07:30 PM
I have read that there is a OEM option for a block heater for my tacoma.There's a real gray area regarding what constitutes "OEM" since North American accessories are almost always built for Toyota by North American suppliers. TMS-USA has a block heater as well (made by Pyroil) although it is sold through an accessory program we don't participate in, so it would not be easy for us to order for you.

Its said to be only available in canada...It is true that Toyota Canada accessories are available only to Toyota Canada dealers.

but i was wondering if you could get it for me. My research yielded Heater: C0140-02141 and cord C0140-01791 thanksFunny thing is that those numbers are for the Pyroil kit mentioned above. The Toyota part number is 00113-00213-02141. Since we don't use the program it is sold through, it would be easiest for you to buy it from a local dealer (if they use the Associated Parts program) or just get the same parts through an aftermarket supplier. NAPA also carries it as BK 6051466, for example. If you have to go by dimension it looks to be a 35mm plug.

CollapsedNut
05-06-2011, 09:03 PM
Tractor dealerships carry block heaters that go in freeze plugs as well. There is also a magnetic heater that you simply stick on the block or oil pan and let it warm then take it off.
I carry the magnet under part# MBH1153 or a 5B1501.

Tecker184
05-07-2011, 03:38 AM
Thanks, and no its not a diesel. We had some very cold days this winter and it was ruff turning over. I figured a block heater would fix that problem. I just don't want something that's going to leak that's why i wanted w/e one Toyota offered. I will keep looking thanks again

Edit* 1sttoyotaparts shows it and i ordered one.

CollapsedNut
05-07-2011, 04:30 AM
Im just sayin, a gas engine has no use for a heater. It was slow to turn over cause your battery was cold and lost cold cranking amps (CCA)
They make a pad to put around your battery to warm it, that would be more effective than a block heater. I honestly dont see why toyota offers a block heater

klapa
05-08-2011, 09:25 PM
I needed a block heater for my old 1964 Plymouth Valiant station wagon when I was stationed in central Illinois at the end of my active duty hitch in the USAF.

I initially used the "dip stick" heater but found that seemed to "cook" my oil - later I switched to a "pumping" heater that fit in-line with a heater hose. It would get the water hot enough to open the thermostat and keep the engine warm by circulating and heating the water - but only if you started it up (i.e. plugged it in) before your engine was cool. This worked really good and was a "generic" thing widely available up there in most auto parts stores.

I agree that the battery does supply less current when cold - but at least where I was in Illinois - the snow was "horizontal" - and unless you had a garage to park your car, sometimes in the mornings you would have a block of ice under your car, encasing the bottom of your engine. If you did not have the block heater on the night before - good luck getting to work on time!