PDA

View Full Version : Flat rate guides and estimating

Facime
05-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Does anyone here have any old flat rate guides that cover up to about 2000 that they might have access to? I dont do alot of outside repair but occassionaly I need some way to find out what the other shops are charging for services.

I found a pretty basic online one that will cover a few things but Im in need of a little more detail. Anyone have any ideas? or use software they would recommend that isnt too expensive?

Doowstados
05-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Does anyone here have any old flat rate guides that cover up to about 2000 that they might have access to? I dont do alot of outside repair but occassionaly I need some way to find out what the other shops are charging for services.

I found a pretty basic online one that will cover a few things but Im in need of a little more detail. Anyone have any ideas? or use software they would recommend that isnt too expensive?

Why not just call a random shop and ask their price?

Murgatroy
05-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Cause that would get old everytime he went to bid a job.

Facime
05-02-2011, 09:34 PM
yeah, exactly.

If the trend continues of taking more work in that is complicated in its scope like it has been, then I will probably just buy some software. I was kind of just looking for something in the interum.

Its easy to spec an O2 replacement, fuel pump, etc. Its when a job turns into more than I bargained for once I get in thats gets kinda sketchy. Ive just been taking real world hours, cutting them inhalf and charging based on that, but I would like to be more inline with what competing shops are charging.

Also, most random shops will only "ballpark" unless they've seen the car and done their own diagnostic.