PDA

View Full Version : WWCTECH do?

4thgenceli
04-28-2011, 04:18 PM
Driving the '87 around today to work (still smoking all the way) I realized something evil has happened.

I can't tell if it's suspension went out, wheel bearing went(or going) out, or if it's the motor mounts (hell for all I know it's combination of all plus whacked alignment).

Cruising & going over hills/valleys (where the car kinda goes up & down), going down there's like a grinding/rubbing noise & feeling through the pedals. That to me indicates suspension (tire rubbing body when bottoming out).

Turning left, it's amplified (like right front is dragging on the body). I recently rotated the tires & noticed the right front has wicked wear pattern on the inside (alignment?).

Idle, the car shakes like no other (motor mounts!).

SO....my question is:

Should I go with new shocks/struts and new motor mounts then align, or just do new shocks/struts, align and install the spare poly mount inserts I have laying around?

UtahSleeper
04-28-2011, 04:41 PM
Why wouldn't you just install the mount inserts anyway?

I would install the inserts, struts and align. Odds are it needs all of the above anyway.

4thgenceli
04-28-2011, 04:51 PM
Yeah, I know it needs all of that. I'm just wary of the time it'll take to rip out the old and install the new inserts (took me like 2 hours the first time lol).

I may just rip the mounts out of Jasmine & throw them in the daily driver and hten when I have some time I"ll replace them back in Jasmine.