PDA

View Full Version : opinions on this product?

misternyck
04-24-2011, 08:01 PM
http://stores.channeladvisor.com/autogrimmig/items/item.aspx?itemid=13829818

i'm trying to find the best header for my 91 gts hatch. if not this one then post links to others?

thanks

Hiko
04-27-2011, 02:55 AM
That looks the same as the SureWin header on ebay. Good product, and if you're patient, you can grab it for decently less.

misternyck
04-27-2011, 05:42 AM
That looks the same as the SureWin header on ebay. Good product, and if you're patient, you can grab it for decently less.

hmm ok, yeah im in no rush, thanks for the input!do you think there's any other aftermarket ones out there that are alright? im not really looking to do a lot of custom work

schnee
06-17-2011, 08:12 AM
Will kill your bottom end
Far better to fit a 3S-GE system from a gen1-3
Headers alone don't always work without a system to match

METDeath
06-17-2011, 01:07 PM
Look for a used 97+ Camry, they have a long tube header that's Toyota designed and will probably cost you less from a junkyard.

celicasilfee
06-18-2011, 12:23 AM
^ what he said. If we're going to the junk yard anyway, there's usually lots of Camry's there.

Lonestag
06-19-2011, 03:58 PM
You know what is wierd? I think that the two pics on that page show different headers.

The pic on the right seems to be one of the sureWin headers like I have but the second one seems to have much longer runners.

Normally I would say that it's just a sloppy website, but that leaves the question, what is that one on the left?

Can anyone tell if that is really mated to a 5s block in the first pic? Is it just a different camera angle?
I went to look out my own SureWin headers, and the just seem smaller...

Spider77
06-23-2011, 09:44 PM
It looks like the 5S, maybe it is just cam angle, or auto resizing kind of messed with it?

Hiko
07-20-2013, 08:09 AM
I'm just gonna bump this with a quick review.

I've had these on the car before, but was just recently able to get a back to back from stock to this. Engine's too new to redline, so this is only for sub 4500 rpm.

I guess this 'defies' the math, but it provides a *very* noticeable increase in power throughout the band I've been driving it in. i.e. it doesn't kill the low end at all. The stock manifold is a turd entirely, so this is simply an upgrade everywhere.

For the $55 shipped I payed, most definitely worth it.