PDA

View Full Version : Not another oil discussion thread......

4thgenceli
04-23-2011, 09:19 PM
Just want to see what everybody's thoughts are on this.

I've been rocking Vavoline MaxLife 10w30 'synthetic blend' oil for years now in all my cars (the mazda, the hyundai, the old '89 and now this '87).

Well when I bought oil to change the Mazda's last week, I noticed they didn't have the 'maxlife 10w30 syn. blend' anymore. It's been replaced by their Vavoline MaxLife NextGen oil. This stuff is made with 50% recycled oil.

Their papers, sites, specs, etc are identical to the old stuff I used to use. I'm just curious how much y'all would use/trust this stuff that's 50% recycled oil.

MrWOT
04-24-2011, 06:19 AM
They still have the pure red maxlife too, the nexgen just contains a minimum amount of recycled oil (even though petrolium based oils already contain recycled oil), it's a "green" gimmick... literally... dunno about the additive package though.

CriScO
04-24-2011, 07:10 AM
Yeah, the normal max life is still available, they're just marketing the hell outta the next gen right now.

Doowstados
04-24-2011, 07:28 AM
When I went in to borrow some tools from Autozone today they actually had a sale on the old stuff, but it was only available in a 5 quart jug. They didn't have the single quart bottles

Luni
04-24-2011, 07:54 AM
Synthetic "blends" are a sham.

Pony up and buy some good oil.