PDA

View Full Version : New (again) user with a 1991 RC

underscore
04-05-2011, 06:31 AM
Hey guys, I had an account on here ages ago but I guess it got cleared out, anyways I just picked up a 1991 GTFOUR RC on Saturday that's gonna be getting tidied up and fixed over the next few weeks. Right now the engine has some power issues so it's in the shop, after they help me sort everything out it'll be modding time. So I'll likely be asking a tonne of questions here, sorry of some of them are stupid.

My first question is about the alternator cooling duct, I know there's supposed to be one attached at the front that runs downwards, are the RC's supposed to have this, or is it removed in favour of the small hoodscoop that I think is ducting in air from the back?

GT4RC
04-05-2011, 11:04 AM
I removed mine to make way for my downpipe, should be fine I would think.

What work did he have done to the car before you picked it up? I've met with the previous owner a few times last year.

And welcome!

underscore
04-06-2011, 06:38 AM
The car is completely stock as far as I can tell. It does have 2/3 "racing" pedals, and a RAZO RE30 lap timer. I can't find any info on the timer and it has some control switches on it so I'm hoping to learn how to work it. There's also a mystery alarm with no remote. The turbo was recently rebuilt, and I found a receipt stating that when they got the car to rebuild the turbo it was quite low on oil, so I'm assuming that's what originally wrecked it.

Thanks!