PDA

View Full Version : Different kind of mods..........

grimmythereaper
04-01-2011, 01:13 AM
What other kinds of mods have you done to your car besides engine work. Make a list.

1) Cadillac horn x 2
2)airbrushed badge on trunk lid of car

Murgatroy
04-01-2011, 01:30 AM
The engine is the least modified part of Chaos. Just an modified intake and some timing tweaks.

She is on Megan Coilovers, her third or so set of wheels (in a 17x7) flavor) with some 215/40/17 tires.

She is debadged and sprayed in flat black. ST185 hood, some custom bodywork.

Pretty soon there is gonna be very little left on her that is original, few nuts and bolts, part of her shell. That is about it.

Car_Barn_Bandit
04-01-2011, 01:36 AM
Hood, 03' GTS wheels painted white, brake upgrade, audio, neon/probe strut tower bars, JDM foglights, H4 housings, Lexus horns.

Soon I will be adding: hood struts, suspension upgrade, work light, cruise control move, rad tank move, battery move, CAI, side marker install, sound dampening, engine snorkel, swamp lift kit.

Physlis
04-01-2011, 01:38 AM
My aesthetic mods include:
HIDs
new foggies
LED tails (in progress)
Autobot logos, 2" (hood and trunk)
Autobot valve caps
Autobot oil cap
GT4 hood spoiler
black interior repaint/recolor
3/4 Invader body kit
red brake calipers

Non-engine mods:
Megan coilovers
underbody brace
rear swaybar
15" coil rims
ss brake lines and dot 4 fluid
twm shifter and "piston" knob

Other than that mods are CAI, 2.75" custom exhaust, header, tb spacer and NGK plug wires.

@CBB; where'd you get your strut braces? I've been looking for some for a while, looking forward to seeing some of your other mods as well.

Car_Barn_Bandit
04-01-2011, 01:46 AM
eBay.

I got both bars, after shipping for $45. They were like $6 and $4 before shipping. Now that its warmer, and I'm getting home before dark, ill be putting up some project writeups. Dodge Neon front, and Ford Probe rear work. Minor modification with a drill needed.

4thgenceli
04-01-2011, 02:56 AM
Storm Trooper:
Awesome forum decals on the windows.
Rear interior from a 89 GTS
Hole in the rear bumper

Jasmine:
Battery relocated to the cargo area
Slew of stickers/decals from various vendors from part purchases to eventually be put on.

CriScO
04-01-2011, 03:19 AM
The coupe:
- Disabled start position on ignition switch, installed switch/button in the center dash console.
- Custom gage faces
- The rediculously unnecessary 5" tach, with built-in shift light
- Supplemental voltage, water temp, and oil pressure gages in the center console in front of the shifter
- All interior lights are red, including the dome
- Installed three port lighter socket unit into center dash console
- Stripped rear interior

...aaaaannnddd...

REAR FLOORWELL OIL SUMP! Except I had to remove it. :(

:hehe:

Physlis
04-01-2011, 09:23 AM
eBay.

I got both bars, after shipping for $45. They were like $6 and $4 before shipping. Now that its warmer, and I'm getting home before dark, ill be putting up some project writeups. Dodge Neon front, and Ford Probe rear work. Minor modification with a drill needed.

Info appreciated, I've been trying to get a set of cheap braces for a while. I paid for a similar set through a now-inactive member but he never sent them and wouldn't say what cars they were for.

Car_Barn_Bandit
04-01-2011, 09:31 AM
Front Strut Tower Bar (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Neon-95-96-97-98-99-Front-Upper-Polish-Strut-Bar-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZMakeQ3aDodgeQ7cModelQ3aNeo nQQhashZitem230f6f22a8QQitemZ150582796968QQptZMoto rsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_4032wt_1 127)
Rear Strut Tower Bar (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MX6-MX-6-Probe-1993-1994-1995-1996-Rear-JDM-Strut-Bar-/150582537693?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AFord%7CModel%3AProbe&hash=item230f6b2ddd#ht_4014wt_1127)

I seem to recall the back and forth the two of you had. You just have to drill extra holes. I Dry fit mine, marked the holes and then drilled. Sloppy and quick.

Physlis
04-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Nice, lowest I found was $12 I wonder why those didn't come up when I searched, lol. Guess I have more progress to make.

underscore
04-08-2011, 05:37 AM
woah, you can get front and rear strut tower bars for that cheap? how big of an improvement are they?

at the moment I'm running bone stock aside from a RAZO RE30 lap timer

Physlis
04-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Haven't gotten my bars on yet, still waiting on the rear one and need to drill new holes. Hopefully I'll have 'em done and in this weekend.

Tabs forward on the engine bay one right CBB? Or did you have the bar closer to the firewall? I want to make sure I don't have clearance issues with the hood/stock bar before I drill.

Car_Barn_Bandit
04-08-2011, 02:46 PM
I rotated the bar back about 35-35 degrees. It hits the insulation on the hood if you have it and barely clears the throttle cable bracket on the intake. Feels great.

Physlis
04-15-2011, 04:08 AM
Got my braces in last weekend, put the bar 90* forward in the front and it sits nicely on the plug wire bracket and only touches 2 tiny spots on the hood. I can't really feel a huge difference on top of the other bracing I have but it's nice to know everything's "boxed in". I updated my project thread with pics.