PDA

View Full Version : Let me Introduce Myself

davams
03-20-2011, 01:48 PM
Hi!, I'm David from Pineville, Ky. I'm 51 and currently work as a bus driver. Served four years in the Air force. Am the proud owner of a 1991 Toyota Celica ST. Am now getting into restoring this car.

Hookecho
03-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Welcome.

What kind of restoration does it need?

Grot
03-20-2011, 03:21 PM
I have/had some family that lives up in Pineville.

Welcome. Post some pics when you can

4thgenceli
03-20-2011, 03:25 PM
Welcome, I think you earned the elder title of the site! Any pictures of the Celica or what are your plans for restoring it? Motor/interior/exterior/etc?

Grot
03-20-2011, 03:26 PM
I dunno, Klapa or Facime may have him beat.

davams
03-20-2011, 03:42 PM
The car has over 300,000 miles on it. I have already replaced the drive axles, front struts, ball joints, clutch, front wheel bearings, and installed new hubs, rotors ,and brakes. Want to to do a complete overhaul on it. Amazingly, the engine is tight. Runs exceptionally, well. Also, had to replace the driver's side door handle release rod clip. Had to partially remove window to gain acess to this clip that holds the rod in place. Have been getting parts from a 1991 convertible. Once I get all the broken stuff fixed, will work on getting it re-painted. The interior will have to be completely re-done, as well. The center console is in bad shape as are the driver's seat and carpeting. Overall, this car is in immaculate shape for its age. The restoration, I hope, will be to restore it to its original look. Will posts some pics later.

davams
03-20-2011, 08:22 PM
Posted pics in the gallery, Grot.

Luni
03-20-2011, 08:28 PM
Facime isnt, but Im pretty sure Klapa is. And I know Caneman is, but he never comes around anymore.

Welcome to the site :)

CollapsedNut
03-20-2011, 08:56 PM
Facime just seems old cause of his high wisdom score.

bloodMoney
03-21-2011, 01:19 PM

lmao

OP: Welcome! There are a lot of great people here that will help you with anything you could think of....

Facime
03-21-2011, 04:06 PM

seriously, that made me chuckle.

and hes got me beat by a couple years, but what I lack in age I make up for with immaturity...wait, what?

op: welcome, thats an awful lot of love for an ST, she must have stole your heart. Have fun with it and enjoy the community here, its a good one.
edit: the paint looks pretty good. I dont see anything there that a good detail wouldnt fix.

cgo
03-21-2011, 10:35 PM
Davams, Sounds like you've got a great project going, mine's similar - 90 GT and as been a gas to work on. Don't let anyone worry you about being 51, We're just hitting our stride, (59)
Enjoy

Night_Wolf
03-22-2011, 04:44 PM
Yay more ST love!!!!

ledheads
03-25-2011, 11:13 PM
Hi i need help to find a user manual for 1990 celica gti 2.0. do anyone know where to download it?

davams
03-26-2011, 02:53 AM
seriously, that made me chuckle.

and hes got me beat by a couple years, but what I lack in age I make up for with immaturity...wait, what?

op: welcome, thats an awful lot of love for an ST, she must have stole your heart. Have fun with it and enjoy the community here, its a good one.
edit: the paint looks pretty good. I dont see anything there that a good detail wouldnt fix.

Facime, this was the wife's car and I started driving it to work for the gas mileage. I was making a 80 mile round trip to work. She grew on me for some reason, and an idea popped into my head, about restoring it. I know she doesn't have much glamour to her and, Lord knows, she isn't fast. But, she is pretty easy to work on. I never have been one for all the bells and whistles, anyway. The photos don't show some of the major problems with the exterior. The left rear fender, quarter panel and both sides under the doors are rusted out. Also, there is major hailstone damage. Already replaced front windshield because of the hailstorm. Ideally, I hope to restore her to showroom condition and as close to production standard as possible. Will update as time allows and add updated photos. This will be a lengthy restoration and I have set no timeframe in getting it finished.

davams
03-26-2011, 02:56 AM
Hi i need help to find a user manual for 1990 celica gti 2.0. do anyone know where to download it?

I saw some site the other day that sold user manuals. However, I didn't bookmark it and can't recall the sites name. Have you tried searching for it?