PDA

View Full Version : What is this connector for?

WALKER
03-17-2011, 02:03 AM
So I was looking under the hood of my ST185 (honestly something I haven't really done since getting the car in the fall) and I came across a connector that was disconnected.

The connector is just to the side of the intercooler and behind the MAF sensor. What is this connector for? Here are couple of pictures (sorry for the poor cell phone pics).

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_dVQEH6BdvXI/TYFrInWTSYI/AAAAAAAACsQ/cNC7nB5JBPs/s640/IMG00071.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_dVQEH6BdvXI/TYFrIpDRznI/AAAAAAAACsM/ty3B4D74zy8/s640/IMG00072.jpg

Max Vador
03-17-2011, 03:30 AM
from the position i'd say intake air temp. but those are usually a 2-pin connector. every connector has a mate, poke around and look for it. and if all else fails find a harness diagram

90ToyAllTrac
03-17-2011, 02:03 PM
I had the same thing when I got mine. Im pretty sure that goes to the cruise control. I think that whole empty area in your pics should be filled in by the CC unit. I got a used one off AT.net but havent installed it yet, the previous owner tards even pulled the control arm off the steering column.

ChrisD
03-17-2011, 03:05 PM
Could be cruise, it would sit about there. What colours are the wires? I took a peek in the EWD and didn't see that plug anywhere, but it does look awefully familiar to one I had sitting in my 165's engine bay unconnected for ages. I've since deleted it though as it wasn't doing anything.

WALKER
03-18-2011, 01:09 AM
Chris - I will try and take a better look and let you know the wires.

Perhaps cruise control, but JDM don't have cruise installed. Could be the standard harness with the plug there and not used on JDM models?

ChrisD
03-18-2011, 03:03 AM
Yeah, a lot of the times they are pre-wired for the options regardless if they had them or not. That way they only had to build 1 spec on the harnesses. Ryan's 162 was pre-wired for A/C as an example, and he doesn't have it. But like I said I am pretty sure I had that plug on my 185 harness in my 165. Gone now though.

alltracman78
03-23-2011, 02:28 PM
That's the cruise control connector.
It may not have come with it installed, or someone could have removed it.
Look for a cable that doesn't go to anything, the cable is harder to remove than the actual box.