PDA

View Full Version : What are the best sway bar links? What years are the same as a 93 GTS

waycool
03-15-2011, 12:29 AM
I have been looking for new sway bar links for the front and rear. It seems that Moog is rated as one of the best but they don't seem to make one for the front of a 93 GTS. If you go to other manufacturers, they list multiple years for the fronts. I guess my question is, what years are the same as a 93 GTS and what is the front bar diameter. I can measure this but I was wondering if all the 5th Gen celica cars used the same bar diameters.

ChrisD
03-15-2011, 03:09 AM
I used Miata ones. Racing Beat I think? Or maybe it was Flyin' Miata? Sorry I don't remember, but they were fully adjustable to length so the install was easy, plus they were heavy duty.

KoreanJoey
03-15-2011, 05:29 AM
http://www.twosrus.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24_79&products_id=254&osCsid=ad5cbd308c3ca7addf5f0f7f2f97b82f

Might be worth checking with them but I believe these will work.

ChrisD
03-15-2011, 12:35 PM
Those look pretty similar to what I've got.

One tip: sounds obvious, but do not get them from ebay. I got a set off ebay which lasted exactly one drive before imploding.

waycool
03-16-2011, 01:00 AM
I went to the twosrus web site and looked at the links. They say that they are for an ST185. Is there any difference between the St185 and ST184 end links. Do they sell ones for the front and rear or do they adjust for the knuckle span. I like the way they are built but I am not 100% confident about their high precisioness for no lube or dust boot. Teflon does wear and it is not the most durable material.

KoreanJoey
03-16-2011, 04:34 AM
It looks like one set for front and one for the rear.

Heim joints do wear. Not sure what the life expectancy is but depending on the application it may be greater or less than OE.

For example... I run a whiteline RSB on the soft setting... just broke my second set of factory endlinks (as in, I bought two new sets) in a year (broke the threaded end off). Thinking the heims will do better.

ChrisD
03-16-2011, 02:53 PM
The twosrus ones will adjust to get the right length. I would put far more faith in these ones than stock anyway. The stock allen key/box wrench setup to fasten them is borderline retarded, as soon as it gets a shade of rust they are toast and become extremely tough to disconnect. Also the stocks may have boots, but that isn't to say they are infallible either.

I've had those heim joint style ones in my car for 6+? years now without issue. If I did it now I'd spring for those stainless ones, since the chance of rust is high in that area.

waycool
03-17-2011, 10:18 PM
Will the ST-185 end links front and rear fit a ST-184 front and rear? If they do, I will go with the ones from twos Rus.

KoreanJoey
03-18-2011, 04:36 AM
I honestly have no idea...

ChrisD
03-18-2011, 12:32 PM
I have never compared, but I would imagine that they are very similar.

ChrisD
03-18-2011, 12:33 PM
Actually, if you could measure yours front/back I could measure mine, then you would know.

waycool
03-23-2011, 01:01 AM
I will measure them this week some time. I did a quick comparison on Rock Auto and it looks like the backs are the same part number. The fronts might be a little different in length. I will post dimensions when I get them.