PDA

View Full Version : New member from south florida

grim89x
03-14-2011, 03:42 PM
Hey everybody my name is Yuan I just bought a 95 base Celica. I havent done any mods what so ever yet. My previous car was a 95 Tercel no much you can do to that car so I am excited to have the Celica.

CollapsedNut
03-14-2011, 06:18 PM
Welcome abord. I assume by base you mean an ST. Still a nice platform. 5SFE is a nice engine to tune on.
Whats your plans, if any?

manda
03-14-2011, 11:15 PM
the 6th gen ST has the 7afe

but regardless, welcome to CTech!! :biggrin:

grim89x
03-15-2011, 06:31 AM
For now just give it a tune drive it around a little bit get used to it. Then get an intake after that I am pretty blank on what else to do any tips you guys could give me

MCcelica
03-15-2011, 07:35 AM
the 7afe (Again, if by "base" you mean ST) is not by any stretch of the imagination a powerful engine. But with some resourcefulness the car itself, mostly with a different engine, can make plenty of power. Any A series engine can easily be swapped in to make more power, specifically the 4age or 4agze. However if you mean "base" as the 5sfe, there are other options. Feel free to have a look around. There is a plethora of sticky threads to introduce you to the realm of old school Toyota and their engines. If you have questions that cant be answered by a search of our amazing website, by all means feel free to ask!

MC.

grim89x
03-15-2011, 08:50 PM
Thanks. Any idea were I could find parts for the car