PDA

View Full Version : Viper Alarm. good enough?

Chris_G.
03-12-2011, 03:11 AM
my friend is worried about his cars. The cops said his Viper alarm systems are not good enough. We both live in crappy areas, and I will definately want a security system for my cars as well. but I thought Viper was the best? Is it really not good enough?

4thgenceli
03-12-2011, 03:25 AM
No.

A Viper alarm will not stop the car thieves here (ask me how I know....three times). Best thing to do is rig a remote kill/start switch.

Maruki-kun
03-12-2011, 03:43 AM
no alarm is good enough

but I'd get a Compustart 3500AS.

two way is the only way

Chris_G.
03-12-2011, 06:20 PM
thats fucked up lol I know Lo-Jack is a big waste because out here by the time you find the GPS thing, your car is scrapped. And I dont have a million dollars to shell out for a good system...

I think a nice shotgun filled with rock salt should be my anti-theft.

4thgenceli
03-12-2011, 06:53 PM
Clearly you didn't read....

Kill start switch. Hide it, toggle so it cuts off the fuel pump B+

If you want to get crazy, make two and hide both. One for fuel pump, other for starter.

Luni
03-12-2011, 08:38 PM
Or you could disable everything in the car by wiring it to the circuit opening relay.

Chris_G.
03-12-2011, 11:26 PM
hmmm... two hidden switches... lol that could work.

BonzaiCelica
04-04-2011, 06:19 AM
have you guys heard of any good alarms that have 3 sensors, one on the driver side, another on the passenger side and the last one on the Rear end near the trunk. Would I be able to get one for around $500 I live in So cal and its for my 6gc

Grot
04-04-2011, 06:22 AM
Clearly you didn't read....

Kill start switch. Hide it, toggle so it cuts off the fuel pump B+

If you want to get crazy, make two and hide both. One for fuel pump, other for starter.

My Auto-Core teacher in High school had his ranger wired up so you have to have the left turn signal on, and the glove box open so the light was on, just to be able to start his truck.

Eric Barrera
04-05-2011, 09:10 PM
My Auto-Core teacher in High school had his ranger wired up so you have to have the left turn signal on, and the glove box open so the light was on, just to be able to start his truck.

Fucking bad ass lol

CollapsedNut
04-05-2011, 09:40 PM
What Im looking at for my bike is simply a GPS unit. Its cheap, and sure its no alarm, but you can text it and it will text back its cordinates, then its just a google earth away, and a shotgun away from recovery.
They are very small so its easy to hide, and upkeep is very minimal. It wont keep your car from being stolen but then again nothing can. At least with this you can find out where its at.