PDA

View Full Version : so i have one final question im stuck on?

javy
03-10-2011, 06:41 PM
i just finished putting the st185 engine in my 90 gts and im about to rewire the different pinouts on the two ecu's, my 90 celica ecu is labeled 89661-20650 and came off a 90 celica gts 5sfe, and the new ecu is labeled 89661-2b280 from jdm, idk what year celica its from. regardless i found the right pinouts for the jdm ecu but idk if i have the right pinouts for my original ecu. the link i was given was http://www.kalalahti.com/dataBySubject/Pinouts.html . idk if i should start rewiring the ecu's just yet. do i have the right pinouts for both engines, the only wire im redoing is the wire from the body harness aka the far right ecu plug. please any input would be nice as im trying to finish this swap today, thanks.

javy
03-10-2011, 08:01 PM
so i just found my own answer hahaha. it was right in front of me the whole time. i didnt know if u take the cover off of the ecu its all labeled right there for u haha, lmfao. i could off been done this swap. thanks to chris d and hookecho who i know would off answered my question as usual. i really appreciate it. i'll post picks as soon as i get a chance

Hookecho
03-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Did you connect the harnesses on the passenger fender/firewall area. They are easy to overlook and your motor won't start without them.

Hookecho
03-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Where did you end up running the harness at?

javy
03-10-2011, 09:59 PM
i ran my harness threw the hole where the shifter cables are, i just finished connecting all the wires from the ecu and tried turning it over for the first time, it did nothing. to answer ur question about the 3 plugs in the pass fender side, no i didnt connect them. that could be one reason but also my starter didnt even turn. when i did the ecu wires i didnt connect the starter switch cause on the 3sgte its on the body harness but on my 5sfe its not, its the far left plug on the ecu so i dont know where to connect that plug now.

javy
03-10-2011, 10:00 PM
should i go out and extend those three plugs that need to be extended now?

Hookecho
03-10-2011, 10:44 PM
Extend those plugs and the motor will turn over. It won't without out them.

alltracman78
03-11-2011, 01:48 AM
I just took a quick glance, but those don't look like 185 pinouts.
Even if they are, there are 2 versions [pre and post revision] and one won't work on the other.

Hookecho
03-11-2011, 01:56 AM
I think I gave him the right pinouts in another thread.

Hookecho
03-11-2011, 01:59 AM
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/4/1/4/3/ecu_5sfe_pinout.jpg

http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/4/1/4/3/st185ecupinouts_1.jpg

http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/4/1/4/3/ecusignaldescription_1.jpg

these are pinouts for the body plugs. the ones next to the ecu.

http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/4/1/4/3/st185bodyplugs_2.jpg

javy
03-11-2011, 03:45 AM
so i just connected the last three plugs and the engine is now cranking but it wont turn over. its cranking really hard like it wants to start but it wont kick over. is it possible that if the starter switch is not connected to the ecu it wont start? the timing is correct, im sure. the ignition coil is connected, the spark plug wires and the distributor are connected properly. and the starter is working obviously. i cant figure it out, im gonna do some more research now.

javy
03-11-2011, 06:24 AM
so finally i took some gas and put it straight in the intake and the engine turned on then shut off after a few seconds, i cranked it again and it did the same thing. after that it turn on again so i was guess it was the fuel pump. i bridged the fuel pump to terminal +b out of the diagnostics box and it still wasn't working. i could hear the fuel pump on but no engine. what the hell should i do? idk if the fuel pump is bad or if i wired something wrong. any help,hookecho or chrisd. im almost there.
p.s. when the engine turned on it sounded beautiful. a nice deep low pitch. much better than my 5sfe haha. i just cant wait to drive this thing

Grot
03-11-2011, 06:26 AM
If you heard the pump when bridging the connection, i SHOULD be working fine.

Id the gas line hooked up properly?

javy
03-11-2011, 06:30 AM
yeah i think so.

Grot
03-11-2011, 06:31 AM
Something that may be worth trying, unhook the line, put a bucket under it.

Bridge the connections for the fuel pump. I believe you should get fuel through the line if you do this.

Grot
03-11-2011, 06:31 AM
Something that may be worth trying, unhook the line, put a bucket under it.

Bridge the connections for the fuel pump. I believe you should get fuel through the line if you do this.

Never tride this, just a guess

javy
03-11-2011, 06:34 AM
alright sounds good. i'll run out and try that now. what if i do get fuel threw the line, any other suggestions?

javy
03-11-2011, 09:40 AM
the spark plus looked really bad so i changed them but the engine still does the same exact thing, tuns on and then turns off immediately. im thinking its a wiring problem now, im not sure. could it have any thing to do with that rev 1 or rev 2 thing that i know nothing about?

Hookecho
03-11-2011, 01:30 PM
Is your air flow meter plugged up. I'll PM you my #.