PDA

View Full Version : waiting for spring in minnesota

cgo
03-09-2011, 02:34 AM
Hello,

more snow on the way, forcast to get 3-6 more inches overnight. Maybe that's the last of winter and we can look forward to summer driving weather, can take the snows off.
bought a 90 GT a couple of years ago and a engine from a junkyard, didn't think I'd be driving it this winter but my wifes corolla sucked a valve and the young son needs the explorer for his needs so the GT has become my daily driver. really pleased with how it handles the snow and the cold.

alltracNyx
03-09-2011, 02:55 AM
I think we're gonna get a little bit of snow later this week too. I don't mind the cold or snow, but I do hate the constant yo-yo effect of the weather in the midwest, 50's one day, snow and below freezing the next.

In any case, welcome and enjoy your stay! Lots of good people and information here.

genericly
03-09-2011, 05:24 AM
Welcome to Ctech!

cgo
03-14-2011, 02:24 AM
Well we didn't get the snow forcast, got cold instead - but 19 degrees isn't anything we haven't lived through before. With temps in the 40s and 50s forcast for next week I'm itching to spend some time in the unheated garage, bought a T-belt and pullys, oil seals and a water pump for the front end. going to get that leak this time, just tightening the oil pump bolts didn't do the trick. Generally anticipating spending some quality time fixing and modifiying this summer between camping and kayaking.

Galcobar
03-14-2011, 06:50 AM
Speaking from the Great White North -- it rained today, makes it hard to admire all the crocuses in bloom.

cgo
03-21-2011, 10:29 PM
I've been up to my elbows all morning tracking down a qt/200 mile oil leak out the front end of my 2.2. Found the oil pump shaft seal loose in the housing, and the seal itself dry and cracked. As long as I'm there i'll replace the timing belt, idler, tensioner, water pump, crankshaft seal, a/c alt belt, PS belt and as a bonus the half shafts (warranty). Got to say however every time I work on this car It's a joy to do. Don't have to use a hammer, soak it in liquid wrench, all the bolts and nut stay square and don't round off like previous GM, Ford, and Crysler products.
I should mention that my next garage addition is going to be a sleep number mechanic creeper. My wife doesnt think it's such a good idea but oh well.

cgo
03-29-2011, 05:07 AM
lots more fun today, have been bothered by a odd surging at idle speeds, while idling the RPM will mover rythmicly 850 to 1000 rpm, so today I adjusted the throttle position sensor, not much help but it was out of tolerance, and then decided on a whim to change out the vacumm line to the fuel pressure regulator. and WOW everything came right in. re adjusted the timing and don't know if this have ever run better.