PDA

View Full Version : does anyone know if the 90 celica exhaust bolts up to an st185 swap?

javy
03-01-2011, 05:54 AM
im buying the st185 motor from jdm tomorrow and before i did i wanted to make sure that the exhaust bolts up? i have a 5fse i know i need to extend the afm harness? if anyone could answer this question asap i would be greatly appreciated.

Azzazzyn
03-01-2011, 08:13 AM
My knowledge of celicas is less than my 240s, but I believe the exhausts are chassis specific more than engine specific. All s14 exhaust work for both the ka and sr, but with the Celica and fwd and awd difference, I'm not positive they are interchangable

celica91gts
03-01-2011, 08:32 AM
it does not, i would suggest taking it to an exhaust shop after the swap and if you wanted to keep the 5sfe exhaust you'd have to get a custom piece of pipe welded and bent from the turbo downpipe to meet the stock midpipe section.

bloodMoney
03-01-2011, 02:11 PM
it does not, i would suggest taking it to an exhaust shop after the swap and if you wanted to keep the 5sfe exhaust you'd have to get a custom piece of pipe welded and bent from the turbo downpipe to meet the stock midpipe section.

Agreed. However, the stock 5s exhaust system will choke out the 3s. So you are better off going to a shop and having them weld up a 2.5" system for you.

IMO, the best upgrade you can do for a stock 3s is open up the exhaust.

javy
03-01-2011, 07:08 PM
thanks, well i think im ready for this swap. im picking up the engine today, wish me luck. i'll post picks later

ChrisD
03-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Good luck! BTW, if looking to maximize performance go with 3". If looking for a good loudness/performance compromise, go with 2.5". :)