PDA

View Full Version : celica TC?

grimmythereaper
03-01-2011, 05:41 AM
just a thought but has anybody tried to put the 2az-fe from the 1st gen scion tc into a 4th 5th or 6th gen celica? the reason i ask is bc it is an A series engine and dont here to much about it

Grot
03-01-2011, 05:55 AM
No, it is an AZ series engine.

But i think i heard about someone putting one into a sixth (i think) gen. Never heard more about it though.

KoreanJoey
03-02-2011, 01:53 AM
Why? That motor is a serious POS.

celica91gts
03-02-2011, 04:57 AM
really joey? n/a its pretty bad but still a step up from the 5s. a buddy of mine has a boosted one. from what i know that motor is durable and can handle a good amount of boost.

T-spoon
03-02-2011, 05:14 AM
Bleh, I agree with Joey, that is WAY too much work for a pretty small upgrade in terms of power. If I wanted to swap into any of those gens and stay NA, there are several other engines that would go in there first, ranging from a 4age 20v to a 1mz (or 2gr).

KoreanJoey
03-02-2011, 05:41 AM
really joey? n/a its pretty bad but still a step up from the 5s. a buddy of mine has a boosted one. from what i know that motor is durable and can handle a good amount of boost.

They haven't proven that durable, even in stock form. As they age they seem to have some pretty serious oil consumption (probably rings). They've got an offset crank in order to produce greater low end torque but that means they won't hold together at higher rpms (which is why the factory rev limiter is like hitting a massive brick wall). Aside from greater displacement there isn't much advantage to a 2AZ. There is a reason the S series motors were around for as long as they were and the AZs are already out of production.

KoreanJoey
03-02-2011, 05:41 AM

They haven't proven that durable, even in stock form. As they age they seem to have some pretty serious oil consumption (probably rings). They've got an offset crank in order to produce greater low end torque but that means they won't hold together at higher rpms (which is why the factory rev limiter is like hitting a massive brick wall). Aside from greater displacement there isn't much advantage to a 2AZ. There is a reason the S series motors were around for as long as they were and the AZs are already out of production.