PDA

View Full Version : My first race... sort of.

Goldfish
02-28-2011, 10:33 PM
I was waiting at the light to get on the freeway last night when I saw blue headlights pull up behind me. Light changed green, and I floored that little 'ol ST. Since the flex pipe is broken right now, it screamed like it was doing something (even though it really wasn't). I got to the freeway and had to switch lanes left one (3 lane highway) because of a car, and the RX8 went left two lanes, pretty much going past me. There was a VW in front of me in the middle lane so I stopped flooring the poor little car, and realized that I can see a lot more of the side of that RX8 than I should. When he tried to even out in the left lane, the back end apparently wanted to not follow the front end and he slid sideways (only about 20* off from straight, not like complete sideways) hooking back into the middle lane in front of the VW, correcting the slide before hitting the SUV in the right lane or the other SUV that was in front of the VW. He decided that was enough for the night, or else wasn't comfortable in those filled underwear anymore, and got in the right lane and went about 5 under the speed limit, so I passed him :D

Being ahead in the end is what counts, right?
Celica ST 1, RX8 0

goretro77
03-01-2011, 01:51 AM
Glad no one got killed. What speeds did you and the RX8 reach?

CollapsedNut
03-01-2011, 02:12 AM
Sounds like he got to about 60mph haha.
Anywho, street racing is dumb. I currently have no drivers license cause I blew the doors off a state trooper on my bike. It sucks not being able to go where I want, when I want.

bloodMoney
03-01-2011, 02:43 AM
correcting the slide before hitting the SUV in the right lane or the other SUV that was in front of the VW

Awesome. :thumbsdown:

Celica ST fail, RX8 fail

Fixed. We don't condone street racing here.

Hookecho
03-01-2011, 05:13 AM
Fail

KoreanJoey
03-01-2011, 05:19 AM
You guys beat me to it.

genericly
03-01-2011, 09:41 AM
Sounds like he got to about 60mph haha.
Anywho, street racing is dumb. I currently have no drivers license cause I blew the doors off a state trooper on my bike. It sucks not being able to go where I want, when I want.

How fast were you going on your bike? I actually talked to the cops back at Ft Campbell when I shot a rod in my 91 celica about the streetbike problem around post. He said on the interstate he doesn't even waste his time, they'll just speed away and either a) get away or b) kill themselves and maybe someone else. I guess the state troopers are a little less forgiving.

Goldfish
03-02-2011, 04:13 AM
Lol. Calm down folks. It was one of those ridiculously short on ramps, meaning I didn't even reach the speed limit before all this happened.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQc8VRrH9oAb0lGuRSQoYHfVLaF9E71h 3dhuGDPTTlkf5nTUkqpGA

KoreanJoey
03-02-2011, 05:44 AM
Hard lessons are the ones best remembered friend.

joe's gt
03-02-2011, 06:00 AM
Congratulations on your stupidity?

genericly
03-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Btw, don't talk someone down about an action if you don't have your license because of that action. Warn someone all you want, but don't talk them down. That's called hypocrisy.

He didn't talk you down, he said street racing was dumb.

CollapsedNut
03-02-2011, 03:00 PM
LMAO Im sorry if I made you feel bad and you took my statement as a personal attack. Chill Bro.
FYI keep any sort of street raceing to yourself on this forum if you dont wanna be flamed. This isnt Honda Tech.
http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/4420388/U-MAD-BRAH.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Obama-you-mad-brah

CollapsedNut
03-02-2011, 03:05 PM
How fast were you going on your bike? I actually talked to the cops back at Ft Campbell when I shot a rod in my 91 celica about the streetbike problem around post. He said on the interstate he doesn't even waste his time, they'll just speed away and either a) get away or b) kill themselves and maybe someone else. I guess the state troopers are a little less forgiving.

It doesnt matter how fast, it was above 75mph in a 60mph zone and in NC that means your SKREWED. I wont try to justify the situation cause I cant, I was being dumb and hauling balls out for the thrill
with no reguard for saftey. I split between a unmarked and another car and kept gettin it till I hear a siren waaaaaayyyyy in the distance and look back. Not worth running.
Somone once said dont do the crime if you cant do the time.

genericly
03-02-2011, 04:55 PM
It doesnt matter how fast, it was above 75mph in a 60mph zone and in NC that means your SKREWED. I wont try to justify the situation cause I cant, I was being dumb and hauling balls out for the thrill
with no reguard for saftey. I split between a unmarked and another car and kept gettin it till I hear a siren waaaaaayyyyy in the distance and look back. Not worth running.
Somone once said dont do the crime if you cant do the time.

Such an anticlimactic finish, the opener had promise. Oh well - I can respect that. :waveyoz:

CollapsedNut
03-02-2011, 07:10 PM
Yeah, If I was younger and dumber I woulda probably just kept gettin it, or lied and said I ran to sound cool.

sammyw
03-03-2011, 04:47 AM
Yeah, If I was younger and dumber I woulda probably just kept gettin it, or lied and said I ran to sound cool.

The first car I drove when I was sixteen was a 300hp '83 supra, I never raced because I was stalked by the local police. I usually rev at the honda boys to scare them off and if that didn't work I ignored them. You don't have to be younger to street race. I am really cautious when I drive my cars worth driving fast, which kind of sucks. I have had one speeding ticket for going 84mph in a 70mph, I was driving a stock '93 tercel, my parents response was pretty funny "The tercel can go 84 mph?" Congrats on your win though, try finding a track though for race #2.

sammyw
03-03-2011, 04:47 AM

The first car I drove when I was sixteen was a 300hp '83 supra, I never raced because I was stalked by the local police. I usually rev at the honda boys to scare them off and if that didn't work I ignored them. You don't have to be younger to street race. I am really cautious when I drive my cars worth driving fast, which kind of sucks. I have had one speeding ticket for going 84mph in a 70mph, I was driving a stock '93 tercel, my parents response was pretty funny "The tercel can go 84 mph?" Congrats on your win though, try finding a track though for race #2.

Goldfish
03-03-2011, 03:11 PM
Wow... Really? Modded? Of all the forums I'm on, this is the first time I've ever been modded. It's a genuine statement, but I will take out the part that made it personal to the individual if it appeases the court.

Don't talk someone down about an action if you have done that action. Warn someone all you want, explain the consequences and repercussions, but don't talk them down. That's called hypocrisy.

I posted this story to show how stupid the situation was. The "win", was sarcasm for a laugh. I understand that in this world of too many lawyers, public boards and the like have liabilities they need to control, but my car is not a race car. Heck it's barely even a car. It will never see the track, nor will it ever see agressive driving. If you are going to hate on me for someone else's driving (the rx8), then you better start hating on everyone because I'm pretty sure no matter where you live, there are idiotic drivers in your city that we could tell stories about. You could call this story a warning to the children if you wanted. Yea, I may have floored the sillyca, but my S-10 Zr2 goes faster than this poor lil old car. If it weren't for the broken flex pipe, nobody would ever even know I was. I can also assure you that if a police officer was behind me (and I didn't have broken exhaust), I wouldn't have been pulled over for Unnecessary Acceleration (that's the ticket they like to give around here for street racing). I'm pretty sure this tired ol beast isn't capable of that ticket any more. It gets decent gas mileage and that's what she's for.

T-spoon
03-03-2011, 03:56 PM
It's ok Goldfish, some folk get really freaked out when they hear RACE in a sentence that doesn't also involve TRACK. Don't take their reactions too personally, just smile and nod and move along. It's just our way of distancing this community from the unsavory elements (although you'll find we actually tolerate quite a lot of stupidity in many areas). Now you know to beat around the bush and don't /call/ it racing next time, even sort of, or some folk will bite your head off :hehe:

Goldfish
03-03-2011, 07:12 PM
Fair enough.