PDA

View Full Version : I'm just full of questions

genericly
02-27-2011, 05:35 PM
So I'm getting closer and closer..to payday, which means I'll have to buy more stuff. :D

When I replace my struts/springs, I know I'll need to throw in some new strut boots, and might even spring for the Tein (or comparable, research pending) pillowball upper mounts - short of replacing the bushings while I'm there (which is on my to-do list!) is there anything else I need to procure? am I forgetting something obvious? Other than mount hardware. I've heard bad things about KYB's strut mounts / strut boot - any suggestions brand wise for alternatives?

Thanks Ctech!

*Edit*

I tried using the search feature prior to posting, regardless of putting "strut boot" to pull up similar topics - it pulled up every topic with either word in it. =( After going through the first 3 pages, I decided to just post here.

The Captain
02-28-2011, 12:47 AM
I used Moog strut mounts on my vert and they seem fine. Pillows are nice for adjust ability but noisier. Check the condition of your bump stops. A lot of times the spring perch rubber will be shot. Improvising works well, ie old inner tube.

fdfx3
02-28-2011, 04:12 AM
I used Moog strut mounts on my vert and they seem fine. Pillows are nice for adjust ability but noisier. Check the condition of your bump stops. A lot of times the spring perch rubber will be shot. Improvising works well, ie old inner tube.

Will adjustable pillowball mounts allow you to adjust caster? or is it camber asjustment only?

KoreanJoey
02-28-2011, 06:17 AM
Camber only unless you get one specifically listed as caster/camber. Only production caster/camber plate I saw for the 5th Gens were from Noltec.