PDA

View Full Version : Adding another oil pressure port?

CollapsedNut
02-27-2011, 05:45 AM
I wanna put another port in somewhere close to the very end of the oils path, where pressure would be the lowest. Any ideas? 3sge engine if you donno
Its late and Im just surfing the forum archives.

Luni
02-27-2011, 05:16 PM
Most of the MR2 guys either do it at the oil filter with a sandwich plate, or they do it by Teeing into the stock idiiot light sensor location.

Grot
02-27-2011, 06:43 PM
4g has an actual oil pressure gauge from the factory. I think he is just wanting to see the oil pressure at both places.

Facime
02-27-2011, 06:56 PM
There really is no "downstream" oil pressure port though. Your only real choice is upstream at the filter with a plate like Luni mentioned. The stock location is as downstream as it gets. The last pressure point is the cam bearings, then its gravity flow back to the pan.

alltracman78
02-28-2011, 03:16 AM
^Exactly

4g has an actual oil pressure gauge from the factory. I think he is just wanting to see the oil pressure at both places.
The guage takes pressure from the same place, it just uses a variable sender instead of switch.

CollapsedNut
02-28-2011, 05:47 AM
I was just wanting to get a read on pressure at the furthest point from the pump. I got to lookin and I think the factory place is about as far as you can go. O well

rizin
02-28-2011, 06:01 AM
Well oil is not as picky as air, the reading after the oil filter will be really close to the reading at the head. That is just me though.