PDA

View Full Version : "other cars" section?

Facime
02-19-2011, 11:03 AM
so, I see we dont have one. I know alot of us have something other than a celica at least as a second/third car. Would it be appropriate if we had an "other cars" section. Im constantly working on something that while not a celica might be useful or at least fun info.

I would love to see that section added.

thanks

Hookecho
02-19-2011, 01:04 PM
It's not bad idea.

Most of us have other cars that we work on and we generally come here for help. We've always used General Discussion or Off Topic for those sort of threads.

ChrisD
02-19-2011, 04:27 PM
I dunno, I see it being able to be accomplished in Maint.& Troubleshooting, or the relevant modifications section, or the my project section... my 2c

Facime
02-19-2011, 07:18 PM
well it can be accomplished in those sections but I felt like it would be inappropriate to say, post my Ford 460 motor rebuild pics there, even though I would like to share. I know others do it, and it doest seem to be a problem, I just thought if there was one subforum for "Other members rides" that would make sense.

(I dont like Ford-Trucks.com as much as I like it here ;) )

Murgatroy
02-19-2011, 10:47 PM
With us having a section for each generation, it is just my opinion that anything that isn't a Celica of one of those generations can go in Maint/Troubleshooting or General.

Luni
02-20-2011, 04:58 AM
Tell ya what Facime. Id be willing to consider making the section and putting you in charge of it. Meaning if it gets used, and what not, youd be the "trial" moderator. If it works, and people use it, then we can take it on full time.

Murg, Chris, Others? Have an aversion to it? I dont mind trying new stuff out. It certainly cant hurt anything.

Facime
02-20-2011, 05:46 AM
Sure, I can deal with that. I have more time on my hands than I care to admit and Im here pretty much all the time anyway, lol.

I can think of a few threads right off the top of my head (grots ford, ChrisG's Honda, Maybe Blackcloud would like to make a thread or two on diesel tuning?) that we could move there now, and I'll start one on my F250 resto once its official. Trial basis works for me.

joe's gt
02-20-2011, 05:55 AM
+1 for liking the "other cars" section idea

MCcelica
02-20-2011, 06:03 AM
Make it so Mr. Sulu

Blackcloud
02-20-2011, 06:07 AM
+1 for Blackclouds Diesels FTW section

Demz
02-20-2011, 06:49 AM
I'd be down for a other cars section. I think being "Celicatech" it be nice to have a section for show casing cars that aren't Celicas. I might even throw in a thread about how to turn a rotting ass Camaro into something worth mentioning.

Grot
02-20-2011, 07:31 AM
I think it would be a nice thing to have. Since more than a couple Active members no longer own a celica.

rizin
02-20-2011, 08:06 AM
Hey it would be nice to call this something other then MR2tech. No I think it is a good idea. This community has a diversity of knowledge more then Celicas.

ChrisD
02-20-2011, 02:39 PM
I still don't think it's needed, since any project can qualify in "My Project" and any general troubleshooting can go in the troub/maint forum, so seems to be just another forum to add to the list. But the majority seem to like it so don't let me stop things. I'm okay with being wrong. :)

Murgatroy
02-20-2011, 04:05 PM
I still don't think it's needed, since any project can qualify in "My Project" and any general troubleshooting can go in the troub/maint forum, so seems to be just another forum to add to the list. But the majority seem to like it so don't let me stop things. I'm okay with being wrong. :)

I agree with Chris.

However the majority likes this. I would assume folks are just more comfortable posting about a Ford in an 'Other Cars' section as opposed to throwing it to the wind in the general parts of the site.

Demz
02-20-2011, 05:25 PM
Honestly I've always felt guilty about posting my S10/DSM/Bonneville/Toyota Pickup (well maybe not a PU, its somewhat relevant) project in the My Project thread, since they aren't Celicas, or even related. if we have our own place for them to be consolidated, I'm sure we will start seeing other car projects pop up. I can't be the only one who's felt that way. It will be like the Off topic of the My Project section, lol.

Facime
02-20-2011, 08:16 PM
Yeah I second what Demz said. It just feels odd to post an "off topic" project, even though its allowed.

joe's gt
02-21-2011, 04:52 AM
I personally think "maintenance and troubleshooting" section should be limited to celica specific, which is why I think this other cars section is a great idea. To me it would be just weird to see fords and chevys and subarus and even other toyota makes mixed in with the general celica problems.

Murgatroy
02-21-2011, 05:40 AM
What if we added a subforum to the My Project Forum titled 'Other Projects?'

Would that fulfill most needs addressed? Or would you guys feel there is still a need for an 'Other Cars' subforum on the Maint/TS forum as well?

I see both of those as an easy solution.

Luni
02-21-2011, 06:02 AM
The general concensus of this thread isnt necessarily about their other projects, its about other cars, ya know, troubleshooting and stuff.

The "my project" threads SHOULD be about ANYTHING you want. Dont have to be Celica specific. Id rather see non celica (or platform) specific stuff go to its own forum if we are doing this.

UtahSleeper
02-21-2011, 06:32 AM
I have no issue with posting whatever pos I am building into my projects, but for troubleshooting and such I think no Celica's should have their own section.