PDA

View Full Version : It's a new record!!

klapa
02-15-2011, 01:30 AM
My Alltrac has started TEN TIMES IN A ROW!!

So I feel like a real n00ber to have been so afraid to take stuff apart to get to the starter - when the only problems were cables and connections. Hell I must have took twenty pictures before I did and never needed to look at a one of them.

All I had to do was remove three of the pipes to the WTA intercooler and the AFM - as well as carefully pull away some hoses that go to some yet unknown places.

Anyway - for the time being - I am still parking on a hill but things are looking up.

CollapsedNut
02-15-2011, 01:36 AM
Haha dont be skered.

UtahSleeper
02-15-2011, 02:45 AM
lol. I know the feeling, I am afraid to take anything apart I haven't done before, so my first time doing any part takes forever!

Hookecho
02-15-2011, 03:34 AM
Be careful.

Fixing one problem may lead to another.

klapa
02-15-2011, 03:56 AM
Be careful.

Fixing one problem may lead to another.

Well it is always like that - isn't it?

Till you fix ALL the problems which none ever really do on cars like ours.

Yes - this starting problem all "started" (lol) because the guy I bought the thing from had a push-button start thing that disintegrated in my hand one day.

So I now still have this funky relay lying on my center console and my own "push-button". Yet I did manage to find the real starter solenoid real wire from the stock starter relay and I'm gonna restore that next weekend.

Yet with each problem solved the next problem that appears was always there anyway - and needs to be solved.

For now - I can start the car reliably - and move on to the next set of problems - each of which must be solved.

I'm guessing that by the time I solve the suspension and running gear problems the engine will probably give out...

I'm just hoping that in the process I get some real driving in at one time or the other. :)

90ToyAllTrac
02-15-2011, 04:37 PM
I been there too. I was hoping it would be a daily driver but I dont think it ever will be, just too tempermental. But this will be my first full summer with her comin up. I miss using the kick ash stereo I put in mine, its gonna be a fun summer for cruisin. i have to do a better job of fastening the wheel well covers on so i can drive in whether. I was told they are off a st185 but they just dont fit right. And i'll never find anyone to fill or modify the AC for new coolant, so im screwed there.

The Captain
02-15-2011, 11:47 PM
Woo hoo! Maybe it'll make it to the Dragon!

klapa
02-16-2011, 12:04 AM
Woo hoo! Maybe it'll make it to the Dragon!

I doubt that - too many issues and not enough time.

Though I won't rule it out.

For now I want to get the running gear issues solved so I can drive it daily for awhile and take my ST off the road to replace the clutch. At least then I would have a ride for the dragon.

Nitro_Alltrac
02-16-2011, 01:45 AM
Glad to hear things are looking up!