PDA

View Full Version : What should I do? Leave me your input.

mannygtfour
02-11-2011, 10:09 PM
Hey guys Iím in a bit of a dilemma. I donít know to do either fix my Celica alltrac or buy another vehicle. So what do you guy think I should do?

genericly
02-11-2011, 10:13 PM
What's wrong with it? =(

Cavanagh
02-11-2011, 10:13 PM
Naturally, everyone here is going to say fix it. Knowing exactly what is wrong with it will help though.

The Captain
02-11-2011, 11:11 PM
Give it to me.

renegadex
02-11-2011, 11:19 PM
The Captin must have all Celicas ever.

MCcelica
02-11-2011, 11:21 PM
Why would you even ask that without explaining the nature of repairs, and why you would want to sell it?

boo_guy
02-11-2011, 11:37 PM
Option #3: Both :D

Hookecho
02-12-2011, 12:02 AM
Yeah, what's wrong with it m

UtahSleeper
02-12-2011, 01:40 AM
I'll take it!

T-spoon
02-12-2011, 02:05 AM
Silly thread is silly.

Nitro_Alltrac
02-12-2011, 02:21 AM
I know he's in Rhode Island and he's been to a shop or two that jacked the car up. Not much more than that though.

mannygtfour
02-16-2011, 03:25 AM
Sorry guys for taking long to respond back. When i was writing i got call at work.
So last year right in the begging of the winter my clutch went. So the car miss most of the winter. So i took it to a friend that i know he owns a supra. So i had him put a new clutch in and a HKS boost controlle and a boost guage, and a 255 walbro fuel pump. When i got the car back first i note's that my speed tachometor wasnt working. And then when i started the car i will start right up then it shut right off when the RPM go's down and it turn on shut off and if i give it gas it help to start up i have to hold the gas at 2500RPM for a couple of minutes. Then it give a harder time and longer time to start up when it cold outside. So i told the kid the problem that i was having he said it sound like i needed a new starter so i change the starter still noting. Then on day i was on ebay i seen a cold start injector so i did so research on it. What i read about the CSI it sounded like that was the answer that i needed so i change the CSI and still it did noting. So told the kid that the car is still giving the same problem he said that it might be that i need to change my fuel injectors. So i put in some fuel injector cleaner to see if it will help out and still noting. So on saturday a co-worker ask me some question about the car an i told him everything what i have done so far he said that it might be the fuel filter. I'm at my last straw. So that way i ask should i fix the car or buy another vechile.

UtahSleeper
02-16-2011, 06:24 AM
My guess is your friend didn't put things back together all the way. I would look up what is done/disconnected/etc during a clutch job and review it on your car.

If the car ran fine before he worked on it, and not fine after, then something got forgotten or broken during the process.

ChrisD
02-16-2011, 04:49 PM
It sounds like you may not have the skills to diagnose this yourself. Why not take it to a licensed mechanic, explain the situation, and have it fixed?

Could be some wire connectors not attached properly (or damaged), could be the fuel pump improperly installed, could be a lot of things.

I would start by going over every single part in the engine bay with a fine toothed comb. Check all connections, signs of damage, etc. I'd especially take notice of the distributor, igniter, coil, AFM, fuel pump resistor, fuel pump relay, and fuse box. I might be inclined to drop the fuel tank myself to inspect the pump.

Bottom line, the guy who did all this work for you messed something up.

mannygtfour
02-19-2011, 04:25 AM
Ok I decided that im going to get another vehcile. I going to look at one on monday its a 1992 Infiniti G20. My plan on the Celica i might get another job hope they call me so i can save money to have the Celica back to normal. I was thinking maybe i should buy another motor that has less miles. So what do you guys think?

187flatliner
02-19-2011, 05:09 AM
i think you really need to get your celica to a real shop and get them to tell you what is wrong with it first...then decide what to do.

Razors_Edge
02-19-2011, 07:10 AM
Id have to agree with everyone so far. The guy that worked on your celica fudged something up! Either take the time to read up and learn some basic mechanics/ advanced mechanics and figure it out on your own/leisure time or take it to a shop. When i have an issue that i cant properly diagnose I've always first asked on a forum somewhere as well as talked it over with my import buddies here locally. If the issue has yet to be resolved I then take it to my local mechanic whom i trust with my very life. For all i know hes already saved my life once. Previous owner changed the fuel filter and in the process cracked the hardline and mushroomed the retaining bolt on the top thus causing a massive fuel leak. I had be driving the car almost 6 months before my mechanic and i discovered this issue. So thats a perfect example what a good mechanic can do when you run across an issue you cant diagnose yourself. I just thought i was running rich, lol. So long story short if you cant figure it out your self or with the help of some rather knowledgeable savvy enthusiasts take it to your local mechanic.

tom1977
02-19-2011, 09:08 AM
Sounds like there are mixed up, or broken hoses of some sort...Seriously, somebody who KNOWS HOW TO WORK ON CARS, especially toyotas should have a look...keep the alltrac! good luck!

Facime
02-19-2011, 10:57 AM
lol, who wants to bet the "supra owner" owns a mk3...

I bet there is nothing seriously wrong with your car, its just been touched by a moron mechanic that thinks he knows more than he actually does. Have a real mechanic take a look at it.

mannygtfour
02-20-2011, 04:45 AM
To facime yea he does own a mk3 with a 2jzgte swap.

Just to let you guys know im am going to keep the alltrac im just getting another car. So i can save up money so i can take it to the toyota dealer machanic so they can fix it the problem the right way. That why i pick up another job so i can do it. Because if i take it to toyota to get it check and fix ill dont have no other transportation to get to work. And to let everyone know ill never let go of my alltrac its one of my dream cars that i can say that i own. And i do the basic work on my car like the tune up and something that is easy or if im not to shore i do some research on it that all.

And in Rhode Island it hard to find a good mechanic that in import seen everyone up here are all honda guys. So my dumb self thinking because my friend has the supra and did his own swap so maybe he was the right guy for the job. Guess what I WAS DEAD WRONG. Life lesson learn now i know to not go back to him. Ill keep up guys posted on what was the problem on the alltrac.

Facime
02-20-2011, 05:50 AM
I was kinda just being a smartass but my experience with mk3 owners comes mainly from being one once. there is something about that platform that tends to attract alot of the same kind of young mechanics that are attracted to hondas.

Again, I doubt there is anything really seriously wrong with your car, it just needs the right person to look at it.

Okctrd
02-22-2011, 06:55 AM
it can be frustrating trying to find the problem, especially if your not too mechanically inclined. It could be something simple. (its happened to me haha)
but yea, just get the right person to look at it.

good luck!

mannygtfour
02-22-2011, 04:40 PM
Okctrd i hear you on that. My friend always tells me the samething that you said that it be something simple.

Well everyone i check on the g20 dam thing wasnt good needed alot of work. So since i cant find anything i been in talks with alltracman78 tomarrow hes going to take a look at it.

alltracman78
02-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Wow, it's a good thing I stumbled across this. I didn't know about all this. I was headed in a different direction.
You probably have a vacuum leak. Either something isn't hooked up right or a hose is damaged.