PDA

View Full Version : Branded titles

Facime
02-09-2011, 06:42 PM
What do you think about them?
Would you ever buy a car with one?
As a buyer how much does it affect the price you are willing to pay for something?
Would it help if the incident that created the title brand was well documented (like pictures of the damage)?

187flatliner
02-09-2011, 07:15 PM
1. i think it really just depends on what branded them.
2. yes but it depends on how desperate i am and the price
3. you have to realize that if you want to sell it then the price must reflect the branding.
4. somewhat............. but very much yes to the pictures to show what branded it.

Night_Wolf
02-09-2011, 09:58 PM
Whats a branded title?

Murgatroy
02-09-2011, 10:02 PM
Rebuilt or salvage title.

T-spoon
02-09-2011, 10:11 PM
I would only ever consider it if I KNEW I was never, under any circumstances at all going to be re-selling the car, AND, whatever caused it was absolutely guaranteed to be no safety issue. Because these are some major ifs, I have never bought one and doubt I would.

Facime
02-09-2011, 11:33 PM
Ive bought and sold (for a profit) several, and thats part of why Im asking. I have been using the figures 40-60% value depreciation as a guideline for what a car with a branded title is worth. For me its about a dollar value vs what branded it. For instance one of my purchses was a theft recovery, and despite some minor issues was a good value. I also bought a truck that had been rear ended and the only the rear extension of the frame (behind the suspension) was damaged and it was an otherwise nice truck (Dodge Ram 2500 V10).

I agree on "What branded it", but have had some success reselling them as well. It seems more and more insurance companies just want to "total" a vehicle than deal with repairs, and Ive seen some nice cars "totalled" for pretty minor stuff.

As a buyer I usually steer clear, but as a seller as well, I was hoping to hear others felt the same.

4thgenceli
02-10-2011, 12:06 AM
While I have no comment on the branded titles at this time..

I read the title as 'Branded Titties'.

Cavanagh
02-10-2011, 01:17 AM
I'd personally avoid them. Might as well start out with a fresh platform.

Facime
02-10-2011, 05:12 AM
I read the title as 'Branded Titties'.

fucking LOL

Goldfish
02-10-2011, 11:45 PM
As a lender, we will only do 50% of NADA on a salvaged title if that helps you figure out cost.

Even if the vehicle had some minor damage at the rear (like that pickup), if the air bags went off, insurance will total a car because of all that talc powder that gets EVERYWHERE when those bags go off. It gets into everything and can wreak havoc years down the line on electrical systems.

Personally, I'd steer clear of salvaged titles. Accidents do funny things to cars.

Nitro_Alltrac
02-11-2011, 02:48 AM
Sometimes it depends on the state. I seen somethings on line where in some states you have something like the engine or a major componet replaced, they brand the title. It just depends. Like you said Facime, a lot of times insurance companies will total a car will very little damage. If I had pictures of what caused the branding I would at least consider the car. It really depends on the quality of the repair. As far as pricing goes, I think you're in the ball park.

4thgenceli
02-11-2011, 03:14 AM
I still see 'Branded Titties'.

Rickstar22
02-11-2011, 03:21 AM
If it's a keeper, and repaired properly, no problem. Been there done that. I guess it really depends on what kind of car. 2000 dollar car, wouldn't stress me out I spose.... 30000 car, definitely doubtful without thorough records and research !!!!

Night_Wolf
02-11-2011, 07:35 AM
Rebuilt or salvage title.
And now I know! Thanks!

I still see 'Branded Titties'.

Dude you posted this twice and I still ROFL'd!!! Both times!!

klapa
02-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Allot of times a car will have a salvage title because it was from a yard and they did not have the original title.

If I was buying an expensive (>$2K) car that I might want to resell I would stay away - else I'd have no problem with it.

Night_Wolf
02-11-2011, 05:47 PM
Damnit 4thgenceli! Now when I see the thread i see branded titties too thanks a lot buddy!

The Captain
02-11-2011, 11:11 PM
I personally won't buy rebuilt titties. I mean titles. I know a lot depends on the "totaling" event. Flood car, never. "Death" car, never. Frame damage, nope.
At the very least I'd want a picture of the damage before the repair. With body shop rates so high, it doesn't take much anymore.
I prefer clean titties. I mean titles. Dammit!

Hipster Lawrence
02-13-2011, 06:06 PM
I like soapy titties

4thgenceli
02-13-2011, 08:41 PM
I like soapy titties

How about branded and soapy titties?

Facime
02-13-2011, 10:32 PM
was I the only one who did a google image search for "branded titties" and came up empty?

Car_Barn_Bandit
02-14-2011, 12:38 AM
I personally won't buy rebuilt titties.!

Most models have rebuilt titties. It's the salvaged ones that creep me out.

EDIT: Should I be concerned that this post was number 666 for me?

drdevil
02-16-2011, 04:39 AM
Most models have rebuilt titties. It's the salvaged ones that creep me out.

EDIT: Should I be concerned that this post was number 666 for me?

Nope.... just sayin.....