PDA

View Full Version : 6th Gen Nightmare

Jeter
02-09-2011, 04:34 PM
So I just got into the tuner scene around two years ago, I went and bought me a 1994 Toyota Celica GT 2.2L N/A Manual. Well in the two years i've owned her the first thing that happened was my girlfriend ran into the side of her (I think she was jealous). Then I burnt out the clutch (I was 16 at the time, first car, was rawhiding). Then my dad "accidentaly" ran it into the front of his jeep and busted the inner headlight and bent in my front bumper. Someone keyed the side of her, spraypainted her, and covered her in window chalk, you can see the pic in my gallery. Then my friend bent the rocker paneling when he was helping me put it on racks. Not having the money for a pro paint job, I decided to spraypaint her, its not bad but you can tell its not good either lol. I put a Weapon-R short ram intake on her, a F1 Stage 3 racing clutch, 16in Pacer rims, and an aftermarket radiater. I let my friend drive her outta town one day and I had to tow her home. He burnt out my new clutch, snapped my shifter cables, fried my distributer, busted my rear and front engine mounts and ruined my passenger side front axle bushings. You can honestly say shes been through hell and now im on a mission to have her running right.
Any support, help, or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hookecho
02-09-2011, 07:47 PM
If nothing else you have developed some history with the ole girl.

Also, never let anyone drive your car. For obvious reasons.

Hookecho
02-09-2011, 07:50 PM
Did you paint it with rattle cans?

Jeter
02-09-2011, 09:07 PM
Regretably I painted her with rattle cans, and i've learned the hard way not to let anyone else drive her.

alltracNyx
02-09-2011, 10:22 PM
Welcome!

Looks like you've got your work cut out for you. Good luck and let us know what questions you have.

85gtsblackman
02-10-2011, 01:14 AM
2 important things in life

dont loan your car or your girlfriend to a friend. Why? cause its too easy to throw a rod in them.

manda
02-10-2011, 02:46 AM
2 important things in life
dont loan your girlfriend to a friend.

I wasn't aware this needed specification.. I just assumed it was common sense.... guess thats what I get for assuming.... :P

WALKER
02-10-2011, 03:11 AM
Welcome to the site. Not sure specifically what advice you are asking for in this thread, besides the obvious comments from people about don't let anyone else drive your car!

If you have any specific questions about the car, just fire away and I will try and help.

Jeter
02-10-2011, 04:25 AM
Thanks guys for the feedback, and the advice wasn't neccesarily for this thread. The first thing I really need help with though is finding a set of shifter cables, i've been online for months looking for a set and have yet to find them. Once those are outta the way I can get the clutch and engine mounts.

richee3
02-26-2011, 07:02 PM
Hey, welcome to Celicatech. I'm not a huge member around here, but you should head over to 6gc.net. You should be able to find whatever parts and help you need over there. It sounds like you have a history with your car, and I love your determination to fix it up instead of just giving up and buying a new car.

T-spoon
03-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Hey, welcome to Celicatech. I'm not a huge member around here, but you should head over to 6gc.net. You should be able to find whatever parts and help you need over there.

Please don't use that in your "welcome to Ctech line". Seriously...hasn't even asked a question yet!

manda
03-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Please don't use that in your "welcome to Ctech line". Seriously...hasn't even asked a question yet!

I agree with this.... I'll be honest, I'm on 6gc as well, and I've found more help/support over here. Much more friendly atmosphere (IMO), extremely knowledgeable members that are always willing to help in any way they can :) ctech= my second family, no joke.

Night_Wolf
03-03-2011, 08:26 PM
I've found more help/support over here. Much more friendly atmosphere (IMO), extremely knowledgeable members that are always willing to help in any way they can :)

Yea totally more support on this forum, I cruised around to a number of different celica/toyota forums and this is the only one I stayed with cause the people are helpful

Facime
03-03-2011, 08:47 PM
I shudder to think of the abuse I put my first car through (a 67 Chevelle), but it was all good experience for later cars. Personally it sounds like you might be better off starting over with a new car, but thats just my opinion. I dont fall in love with my cars (or my women) anymore, it can only lead to financial ruin and heartache. ;)

but if you are determined to keep her, you've come to the right forum.

BonzaiCelica
03-24-2011, 02:26 AM
wow man that sounds pretty horrible. yes especially if its your first car and your only car never let anyone drive it. Sorry to hear that you had to go through all of that drama.

Jeter
03-27-2011, 09:09 PM
Thanks guys/girls for the feedback. I've finnaly come to the conclusion that i'ma have to let her go. I've been working and don't have time to fix her. I really need something to dd back and forth to work. If anyones interested the ad will be in the for sale thread. thanks.

Jeter
03-27-2011, 09:13 PM