PDA

View Full Version : Be careful who you flip off

chickenstomp
01-31-2011, 05:25 PM
I'm sitting in between a two-way split highway, waiting to merge onto the southbound side and this guy in his big pick up truck flies across the median and crosses the highway as he flips me off.

I'm not even doing anything illegal or inconsiderate, so I decide to go straight across the highway to follow him instead of going left, like I had originally planned. He starts going faster. He didn't expect me to go straight since my blinker had been on.

lol anway, He jerks down a sidestreet to the right, and I just keep going straight going about 35mph. As I am driving past the street I see him pretend like he is going into a driveway, steering really jerky like. As if he is going to fool me from 35 yards away haha. Anyways, I thought it was funny and just remember, "Don't flip off random people who did nothing to you". I wasn't gonna do anything to the guy, I just wanted to maybe freak him out by following him around

90ToyAllTrac
01-31-2011, 05:48 PM
Awsome. I say whenever you can, call the retards on it and make them realize that they do not have anonymity while driving. They say we have the nicest community spirit around here but as drivers they are all friggin A holes. I had a great idea few years ago, all cars should have send recieve units in them so you could talk or hear anyone one talking in any car up to say 15 feet away. As if each car was a person on a crowded sidewalk. If you take the anonymous shield out of the equation all drivers would start being polite instantly.

Fox 21 Alpha
01-31-2011, 05:52 PM
I brake checked a guy one day who cut around me on the median, so he decided to ram me off the road. Of course the "witness" only saw me brake check him and backed him, sayin her swerved to miss me and hit the side of my car in the process.....whatever....

Needless to say I ended up with a careless driving I had to fight out, a stalemate insurance claim, and on top of it all turns out the guy just got out of prison the year prior for murder 2, after serving a 10 year sentence, no joke lol. So yeah I've learned to not mess with people in traffic, just causes more problems and make you out to be the ass, let them go on their merry way and wrap around a telephone pole...

Luni
01-31-2011, 06:20 PM
I got road raged on by some asshat one time. I was in my GFs truck and I had Kanoodle with me. Anyway dickbag cuts me off and then flips ME off. I follow him for awhile and he turns into a neighborhood and I was hungry so I just kept going. I was pissed though. Turns out he came behind us and was now following US. I knew he was alone, and he was an older guy, so I wasnt really afraid of him, but if he was gonna start shit Id have ripped him out of his car by his ears.

Anyway, he was following us, so I went to where we were going to eat, got out and threw up my arms. He didnt turn in. He just honked his horn and flipped me off again.

Im not a road raging mofo, but that guy pissed me right the fuck off. And Im usually pretty calm, I dont really get TOO riled up about shit, but I was ready to THROW DOWN. LOL.

chickenstomp
01-31-2011, 06:44 PM

Im not a road raging mofo, but that guy pissed me right the fuck off. And Im usually pretty calm, I dont really get TOO riled up about shit, but I was ready to THROW DOWN. LOL.

Haha nice. Around here, it's usually the guys with the big ass trucks that are A-holes

JDM SNUKUMZ
01-31-2011, 06:56 PM
get a lot of those here in FL

Facime
01-31-2011, 07:20 PM
I used to volunteer for a rural fire dept.

Let me just say that road ragers quickly calm down when you put a flashing red light in your window. Ive always wanted to buy an old Crown Vic Intercepter and black it out leaving the push bar and spotlight in place.

90ToyAllTrac
01-31-2011, 07:50 PM
In a big city the psycho factor is probably a lot higher but here, people just think they are untouchable so they will flip it for litterally nothing.

GI_Johnny
02-01-2011, 05:44 AM
Uhm, am I missing the "or else this:" part of this thread? So some guy cuts you off and gives you the finger and you followed him for a little while and then did nothing? That's not intimidating at all. This thread fails.

Car_Barn_Bandit
02-01-2011, 07:19 AM
Uhm, am I missing the "or else this:" part of this thread? So some guy cuts you off and gives you the finger and you followed him for a little while and then did nothing? That's not intimidating at all. This thread fails.

I usually smile. Road rage needs to end with the other person being a jackass, and me worrying about my safety. Escalating any incident that could potential kill someone else, or get yourself shot, over what amounts to someone else being careless to begin with is Darwinian at best.

I had a guy cut me off making a left while on a cell phone. I gave him the horn, and he flipped me off and slowed down to 5 mph (I made a right going into work). Horn again for driving slow and he gets over into the turn lane going into the deck. Then he gets over wanting to get out and have words. I got to the top of the deck and park to go to work. He finds me and gets out. What if he had a gun? What if I had worked harder to enrage someone who CLEARLY is mentally unstable enough to get upset over a car horn for his poor driving?

Needless to say, I involved the Cops. I don't need some ass clown fucking up my car because he was bullied by cheerleaders in high school or something. Live and let live.

Ive always wanted to buy an old Crown Vic Intercepter and black it out leaving the push bar and spotlight in place.

My dad bought a 99' Dark Blue Crown Vic with the Police Interceptor package from a city auction. 4.6 V8 with a supercharger, spotlight and black steelies. God I loved driving that boat. I used to chase out drug dealers and prostitutes in our park with that car. You get on the freeway, high speed lane, and everyone cleared out. Miss the roar of that V8.

Hookecho
02-01-2011, 11:34 AM
I usually smile. Road rage needs to end with the other person being a jackass, and me worrying about my safety. Escalating any incident that could potential kill someone else, or get yourself shot, over what amounts to someone else being careless to begin with is Darwinian at best.

That's the smartest thing to do.

Exercising self control is hard to do sometimes but it will keep you out of harms way. It's impossible for someone rationalize when they are angry and that makes them dangerous.

zmile06
02-05-2011, 01:24 AM
I went to a toyota dealership in columbus, ohio a couple years ago, to pick up a box of oil filters and a keychain lol. Having a good day etc. When this big trashy looking black guy (no offense), tries to go across 4 lanes of traffic directly across from one side to the other. Mind you the lanes were all stopped due to a red light. all traffic was going forward, he decided to go from walgreens to the bank, not even in a lane and just cross all four lanes, most ppl moved. But i had no room, so this guy comes within a inch of my car, i don't move because if this jackass hits me i don't want ppl saying i backed into him. He literally KNOCKS on my celica's trunk, and tells me to move up. I yelled at him "don't touch my car", and he started saying "what what did you say" So i yelled "don't touch my car". So ppl moved forward i scootched forward just to make the jackass calm down and not hit my car "hopefully". He yelled at me again like it's my fault he's operating his car illegally. He said "we can handle this right here" and pointed to a parking lot, so i asked him how old he was 3-4 times while he was trying to antagonize me. I said "yeah thats right act you F***ing age." Guy had to be at least 30 maybe 40.

In retrospect i should of just kept quite and tried to scoot up. But i was trying to be smart and stay still hoping the light would change. Lets just say there are a ton of mentally ill, or complete nut cases out there. I think these jerks will screw up at some point, and end up in a very bad situation fast. Who know they could act this way because there life sucks, or because they own a truck and feel the need to own up to the stereotype.

Hookecho
02-05-2011, 04:22 AM
If someone comes up to my car with that nonsense it's game on.

Eric Barrera
02-05-2011, 06:21 AM
If someone comes up to my car with that nonsense it's game on.

For reals.. i would grab my bat.. I honestly do carry a bat with me..

zmile06
02-05-2011, 02:45 PM
I used to carry a tire iron in my back seat, but to be honest it's best in my opinion to ignore and move on, then deal with possibly having to go to court, or have charges brought against you. Assaulting someone with a bat could end you up in jail, not saying we all haven't been in a situation where that does not matter anymore... But you might regret it later. But yeah that jackass will get whats coming to him sooner or later. People in trucks are half the problem i swear.

H8PVMNT
02-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Up here we collect strings of dried middle fingers from upity out of staters :).

In the particular county I live in it's actually considered an offense if you don't wave when you pass the oncoming cars. It's 10 fold if you happen to be in the snow or on a dirt road. That is no joke...

DudeMan
02-06-2011, 12:18 AM
I had my first encounter with female road rage the other day, god was it cute.

She was driving very aggressively, switching lanes, cutting people off constantly etc. all while on her cellphone.

I tend to pick on people that drive like this, so after she switches into my lane and starts tailgating me I hit the brakes (red light coming up anyway).

This is the good part. She pulls up beside me at the light, still blathering on her phone, yells, screams and throws a tantrum without actually rolling the window down. Then she tries to pull forward a few feet so were not eye to eye anymore.

Of course I pulled forward, smiling ear to ear, trying to get her going again. I would have asked for her phone number but my trucks windows are manual.

Oh and when I get flipped off, I always give back a thumbs up..

bzdweezy
02-06-2011, 07:25 AM
Yeah i like to give them a thumbs up too with a huge smile on my face or just exagerate a laugh