PDA

View Full Version : Anybody up for a Texas Hill Country meeting sometime between February and April??

Nitro_Alltrac
01-23-2011, 10:35 PM
Any of you guys here in Texas up for a hill country meet sometime between February and April? I haven't seen anything from the MRS Spyder guys yet about a spring run but I thought it would be cool if we could put together a Celica meet. I've got the route they took last fall and it was a blast.

grimmythereaper
01-25-2011, 04:56 AM
if we can do it towards the end of may im all game for it. ive been wanting to do a texas meet of some kind sense i missed the last one with the mr2 guys :(

Nitro_Alltrac
01-26-2011, 02:59 AM
Well have to see what we can do on the date. I'm thinking about trying to go to the Dragon meet in May but I've got to see what my house situation is and where we are with the wife moving down. Even if I go, we should still be able to get something set up here for around the end of May. I'd like to get some more of the Celica folks down here to make it out. I see quite a few Celicas here in San Antonio but I don't know if they are enthusiasts or if they're on here.

grimmythereaper
01-26-2011, 05:23 AM
oh wow i feel so dumb, i forgot that the dragon meet was at the end of may "doh"!!!!! i see a bunch of celicas here as well but im not sure what there staus is either but i did meet a guy at taco bell with a 5th gen gt who was very interested about learning more about his car bc he had seen what i did to mine with the body mods i have done thus far.

Gearbox
01-31-2011, 07:33 AM
interesting idea... i'll be up for it

grimmythereaper
02-01-2011, 05:52 AM
ok we got 3!!!!!

Spider77
02-03-2011, 02:06 AM
Just throwing this out there...April-ish. Some of the guys at 6GC are throwing it around for that time frame. Last time there were some Supra guys that showed, but never made the run(just the meet). I say the more Celicas the better, right?

Nitro_Alltrac
02-03-2011, 03:09 AM
April timing wouldn't be bad. You're correct, the more Celicas, the better. I guess we need to start throwing some dates out and see what would work for everybody.

Spider77
02-03-2011, 03:46 AM
Im not the host of this event, so I dont want to promise anything. I'm waiting word back, cause I have a few other forums I can throw this out on to get more interest...When I do hear something I'll let you guys know whats going on.

grimmythereaper
02-03-2011, 03:57 AM
that sounds good

bzdweezy
02-03-2011, 04:31 AM
Im down, count me in for mid to late may I should be done with finals and i can usually free up most weekends if we do it earlier.

Hookecho
02-03-2011, 05:27 AM
Man, I would love to come run with you Mike. Maybe sometime in the fall I will drive out for a little vacation.

Spider77
02-03-2011, 05:20 PM
Okay guys. Here is the beef.
Some of the guys over at 6GC.net are hosting a 6th Gen meet (6GCTX Meet) on April 2nd in Austin TX. As of now the meeting place has yet to be nailed down, but it'll probably be the same spot as last few times. But I think that the route/meet up might be drawn up different this time (last time we had some confusion).
When I get some more information I will post it up. It'll be a good time. Meet some people, take a fun drive through Lime Creek, snap some photos. The only thing that I (and the hosts) can not stress enough is please do not drive all crazy like along the route.
If you guys are interested lets start a list?
Here is a topo map of the possible route.
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9148/captureknn.jpg

bzdweezy
02-03-2011, 05:28 PM
Looks like a fun drive, do you know if the roads are pretty nice?

Spider77
02-03-2011, 06:12 PM
Yeah, they were decent. Not as good as fresh paved, but not that bad either. Overall 7.5 outta 10.

Nitro_Alltrac
02-04-2011, 02:34 AM
That sound good. Post up what you find. I don't have a problem running with another group. The more people the better. I think Darthripley and JustJoe have run with these guys and they said it was a good time.

Sounds like the road condition is similar to what I ran with the MR2 group over around Kerrville in the fall. The roads were smooth but the surface was a little rough. Nothing bad though. I think we'll have a great time. We should start our list as soon as we get a little more information.

Nitro_Alltrac
02-04-2011, 02:36 AM
Man, I would love to come run with you Mike. Maybe sometime in the fall I will drive out for a little vacation.

Bruce, come on down. The fall is a great time for a run in the hill country. I ran over there last fall with a MR spyder group out of Houston. It was a blast. The weather was great and the temps were good. I'm always up for meeting the folks here and going on a run. San Antonio would make a good vacation spot as well. Let me know if think you're going to come down.

MixMaster
02-04-2011, 02:25 PM
I'm obviously in for this also. April and or May...count me in....

Hookecho
02-04-2011, 02:58 PM
I'll let you know Mike.

T-spoon
02-04-2011, 04:22 PM
Sounds like a blast, if I could get there I would! I lived and worked in Austin one summer and drove some of those roads to work everyday to and from Lake Travis. That was in an 88 saab with a dying transmission. Can't imagine how fun it would be in the Spyder! :)

Spider77
02-04-2011, 05:04 PM
For sure, once I get the most up to date stuff I'll post it up. This thread sufficent or start a new one when I find out all the important info (meeting place, route, etc....)?

Nitro_Alltrac
02-04-2011, 05:30 PM
I guess we can start a new one so everything is clean when we get the updated info. Looking forward to the meet. Should be good.

Spider77
02-04-2011, 07:03 PM
Will do, just waiting for further information, then I'll throw a new thread out there.

Spider77
02-04-2011, 08:36 PM
******new thread started********

Gearbox
02-05-2011, 01:31 AM
looks like the interest is spreading... awesome

Spider77
02-05-2011, 11:25 PM
looks like the interest is spreading... awesome

Then you should put your name on the list! Its a good time!

bzdweezy
02-09-2011, 02:57 AM
Anyone else thinking about going to this?

Nitro_Alltrac
02-09-2011, 04:05 AM
Check out this thread. It's got the info about time and meeting place and sign up so we can try and get an idea of who might make it.

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?51747-Austin-TX-Hill-Country-Run-(Hosted-by-6GC)-April-2nd....more-details-to-follow