PDA

View Full Version : stock shock and strut help pls

TXcajunman
01-20-2011, 08:16 PM
i am trying to replace my factory shocks and struts on my 90 alltrac i ordered KYB # 365075 x 2 for the front and monroe 71894 and 71893 for the rear. took to my mechanic and none fit? theses are the part #'s i got when i looked up at advance auto parts oriellies auto parts and autozone. don't understand can someone please help me out thank you for your time

Galcobar
01-21-2011, 09:44 AM
When your mechanic said none fit, did he give details as to how they did not fit?

Nitro_Alltrac
01-21-2011, 11:55 AM
The front strut shouldn't be hard to find. He needs to give you details on what's going on there. The rears on the All Trac are a problem. Virtually no one makes them. A lot of folks convert the old ones to accept insert type struts.

Here's an article in the All Trac/GT4 section about struts for the All Trac. http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?49415-Struts

Here's a link to a page that shows how to go about coverting the rears to accept the insert type struts. http://www.y8s.com/celica_gone/suspension.html

Hope this helps some.

Galcobar
01-21-2011, 01:09 PM
Though Lithia Toyota was able to find struts for the rears of an 88 All-trac, and those only ran to US$127 each.

As I understood it, even All-trac front struts are rebuildable, so not sure why the shock inserts you purchased wouldn't work. I took a look at KYB's catalogue, and noticed while the North American products don't list rear struts, the European ones do: Excel-G, twin-tube gas struts, 334052 and 334053. Available from Rockauto.com at US$87 each. Excel-G = GR-2 as far as I can tell, not sure why they have two names for the same product line. However, there's no GR-2 equivalent listed for those Excel-G rear struts.

TXcajunman
01-24-2011, 03:31 PM
well talked to my car guy the rears are to long, as i have found out those are obliviously the wrong part..the front inserts from KYB wont fit, the front shocks are enclosed like the rear. suppose will just do what i should have done in the first place and go oem . i do still have a ? though i am still curious about why the inserts wouldn't fit into the front. has a po switched something up or would i have to had an aftermarket set up for the insert to fit into thanky ou for all the help guys

Nitro_Alltrac
01-25-2011, 12:00 AM
Sounds like you got the GT-S rears. Are you sure there's no nut at the top where the strut rod comes through? Unless, like you suppose, a PO has changed them without with something else, the inserts should work.

KoreanJoey
01-25-2011, 06:20 AM
Um... yeah, not factory by the sound of it.

Aaron Willis
01-25-2011, 10:41 PM
Your struts are shipping out today. You will have a tracking number within an hour or so. Thanks TXcajunman!

TXcajunman
01-25-2011, 10:45 PM
thank you for supporting our community and great communication...and cant forget great prices...