PDA

View Full Version : Heater Blower

Flux
01-20-2011, 03:36 AM
A couple years ago I took out my heater core and replaced it. I tore out the dash and disconnected a ton of wires. I thought I plugged them all back in, but I must be missing something.

My heater only blows on the highest setting.
Its been like that since I finished, and now when I turn it on it makes a clicking noise.

Im guessing Ive worn the teeth down on the gears on the blower, but how easy is it to replace? Do I need to take the dash out again?

Thanks a lot.

93celicaconv
01-20-2011, 01:02 PM
You know, that's one problem I never experienced on any of my 3 5th Gen Celicas. But I've helped many who have had this same situation on other makes and models. I'm assuming the Celica blower speed control is set up the same.

You likely plugged everything together correctly, but you probably damaged the blower motor speed resistor module when you took everything out and put it all back. They tend to fail easily on many other cars, so replacing this module should get you all your speeds back. Now, I'm not exactly sure where the 5th Gen Celica blower motor resistor module is located, but most are located in the ductwork near the blower motor itself, and they can be removed from the outside without takng everything apart again.