PDA

View Full Version : stupid non-linking thing... GRRRRR

Goldfish
01-19-2011, 11:10 PM
Oh, F That!

I had this big write up of all my cars and stories with them, and I tried to link to the celica owners code of conduct form toyotacelicas.com/forum since it's hilarious, and it brought me to the "you can't post a link since you haven't been a member for 7 days" and erased EVERYTHING when I tried to preview the post to make sure it was all good.

Ugh. That is lame. I'm Gordon, and I'm too lazy to retype everything.

Oh, and I suppose, I'm goldfish because everyone says I have a 3 second memory span.

Hookecho
01-19-2011, 11:14 PM
Howdy!

v3
01-20-2011, 03:04 AM
LOL @ nickname, welcome

MCcelica
01-20-2011, 10:17 AM
Aw G'day. I'm too lazy to type too. So when I do my writeups, I do it in a word doc first. That way if a fiasco happens, I just do copy/paste. Live and learn ay Gordon?

Goldfish
01-24-2011, 11:14 PM
Ok, so it's slow at work and I have a second again.

I'll just list the vehicles I've owned:

81 Chevy Monte Carlo LS (sold)
88 Ford Ranger SX-T (yarded)
83 Chevy Camaro Z-28 Crossfire (sold *tear*)
93 Chevy S-10 Blazer (sold)
98 Chevy S-10 Zr2 Pickup (current)
92 Toyo Celicant ST 1.6L Manual (current) One of these things is not like the others...

I also ride bikes. I started with a 93 Suzuki GSX-R 600, sold that when I bought my 00 Yamaha R-6 and just this last October picked up a 05 Suzuki GSX-R 600 (now have two bikes).

AND:
I like pretty much anything outdoors (fishing, hunting, camping, etc), video games, tinkering on cars, beating up on my cars (good think I like to tinker with them), long walks on the pier...

Oh, and found out about this site when I was looking for info on celicaforums. Someone said they frequent here more because that site was dead.

Murgatroy
01-24-2011, 11:38 PM
83 Chevy Camaro Z-28 Crossfire (sold *tear*)

Really? Why? The Crossfires were some of the worst designed intake systems evAr. Why do you think GM shitcanned the system after two years? The few I have owned I converted to run off a good old fashioned carb.

Goldfish
01-25-2011, 06:53 PM
I don't miss the engine, I miss the car. I got beat by a Ford Taurus SHO (which I know has the Yamaha 16 valve motor or something like that, but still I was beat by a tortoise). Plus, when you are a kid, the little louvers that would flip open when you can the throttle were cool. The idea behind it could have worked, but it was a bad design and all. There is a couple aftermarket places that you can get better intakes and throttle bodies and such (typically for the 350 corvette crossfires and not the 305 camaro motors though) that retained the design and increased the power. You can't claim any good motors from that era because of all the emissions and power restrictions that were in place without the technology that they have now to comply and still make power.

There are many memories from that car though, and it was such a beautiful car. I could sit and stare at that car for hours just because I LOVED how it looked. Bright arest me red, IROC rims, T-Tops, 35% tint... I litterally died a little the day that it drove away. I can only hope that it went to a good home because I stopped driving it because I got a bike. Better gas mileage, faster, easier to store in winter (I keep telling myself to justify selling it). Only thing that would have made that car any better (besides a better motor) would have been a manual transmission.

Speaking of justifying something, I have never once in my life owned a practical car, until I bought this Celica. I sort of took pride in that because I believe that you should be passionate about your vehicles. They are not just something to get you from point A to B. Then... I went and picked this up to do exactly that, go to and from work, maybe longer trips where I don't need my truck to pull the bike/boat/etc. Please, help me justify my purchase so this isn't just a "practical commuter car"!!! :sad:

Eric Barrera
01-25-2011, 07:15 PM
Go on you tube, and type in 3sgte... That will ease the pain ;)

Goldfish
01-25-2011, 07:49 PM
I was thinking autocross would be fun, but I just remembered about the 24 hours of lemons... hmmmm.....