PDA

View Full Version : Shaved doorhandles, questions abound !!!!!!!!

Darkchylde
01-14-2011, 11:07 PM
So I have an electric life shaved door handle kit and all of the required accoutrements. My car is also equipped with keyless entry as is with JDM fobs ( thanks to Toyotacrazy 6gc). What I was wondering was, get ready.......whether or not I had to get all involved in my dashboard or if I could simply attach said unit to the keyless entry module or wiring. Since I am not an electrical person per se, I wanted to know if any of you have attempted such a task. If so please post up. I was also wondering if anyone knew where I could find the diagram or schematic for said
entry system. Is it in the BGB, and where is this ever elusive publication, I saw that it is supposed to be on the homepage, but I have not seen it as of yet ( someone please correct me). Thank you in advance for you help, I look forward to the upcoming discussion.:biggthumpup:

P.S. So I don't come off as a total idiot, I do have some electrical knowledge, I just never really got very deep into it.

taibones
01-19-2011, 07:52 PM
i have put keyless entry motor under the latch on the inside of the door, and hooked the wire to the latch so when you hit your keyless entry unlock button it pulls down the latch opening the door. if you are no longer using the keyless entry you should be able to use the power, neg and ground from the keyless entry

Darkchylde
01-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Thanks tai you wouldn't happen to remember the colors or part number, year etc of your keyless unit would you ?

taibones
01-21-2011, 05:46 PM
i used a keyless entry of an old caddy in a yard and used an unused fuse connection under the driver side kick panel, you just have to know if the wiring that goes to it has power all the time or if you only get power when you turn the ignition on