PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Revamp

Grot
01-13-2011, 05:28 AM
Now that my Celi is running the first thing to address is my suspension.

It is so bad when taking a 45 degree turn at 45mph, i have so much bodyroll my front airdam will scrape the ground.

Im assuming new shocks (and maybe lowering springs while im down there) should fix this. I will get new rubber where required. really dont think i need poly. i dont Auto-x and its a DD so a little comfort is nice.

joe's gt
01-13-2011, 05:34 AM
most likely its mainly your springs considering they control the weight of the car. shocks prevent the oscillation after going over bumps and control how quickly weight is transferred. If its still on OEM suspension, both need to be replaced in which case coilovers are the cheapest option, but not the best for comfort. GR-2's are the standard oem replacement for stocks. Idk much about spring selection tho. Keep in mind that along with shocks and springs, all the rubber needs to be replaced which puts you at a new coilover set up anyway.

Grot
01-13-2011, 05:36 AM
yea, if i take speedbumps im my apartments any faster than a crawl i get a very violent slamming from worn suspension too.

Only thing is no one makes coilovers for the 4g or else id be all over them.

GTAsian
01-13-2011, 12:03 PM
sway bars will also help stabilize your ride. a set of eibachs and kyb struts will bring your ride back to life (and then some). and if your still not satisfied, change the bushings.