PDA

View Full Version : Innercooler...

Celicadreamer
01-13-2011, 05:18 AM
So when I do my 3SGTE swap I was thinking of going with a front mount intercooler so I don't have to change out the hood. I want the stock look.
Here are my questions:
1. What is a safe amount of boost on a stock 3SGTE?
2. How big of a pain in the ass is it to install a front mount intercooler?
3. Honestly, what kind of hp is put to the ground with a completely stock 3SGTE swap?

Grot
01-13-2011, 05:41 AM
i wouldnt run much higher than stock boost on a stock 3sgte

FMIC shouldnt be that bad if you clock the turbo

and you should see 200 to the ground maybe a little more

joe's gt
01-13-2011, 05:45 AM
I see your in sacramento. I live and work right around Sac as well. I got a swap if you would like to see it in person. Actually I plan on selling it in a few months, so that is a route you might consider. Honestly, your biggest challenge is not the swap itself, but passing smog. Mine has already been approved by the BAR (Bureau of Automotive Repair). When you swap the engine it needs to be EGR equipped and the same year or newer than the car it is going into (so no JDM). Otherwise, you need a shop that will let you pass with a swapped engine and fake egr set up.

As for your questions, start here (http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?81-Thinking-about-swapping-READ-THIS-FIRST) and here (http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?31705-THE-SWAP-List-of-threads-related-to-the-3SGTE-swap.).

Let me know if this is a project you want to do yourself or whether you'd be interested in purchasing a completely stock already completed swap.

KM
01-13-2011, 05:47 AM
Most people who swap 3SGTEs usually go with FMICs.
You'll want to run around 13 lbs of boost, as the CT26 turbo won't like anything higher than 15 or 16.
You'll definitely want to invest in a boost controller and a real boost gauge.

Celicadreamer
01-13-2011, 06:04 AM
Joe,
It would be awesome to meet up and check it out. i still have not seen a 3SGTE swap in person. i honestly do want to do the swap myself and deal with all the BS that comes with it. Hit me up some time soon and we can try and meet up.

joe's gt
01-13-2011, 07:19 AM
you have a pm