PDA

View Full Version : Camber adjustment on ST184?

GTAsian
01-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Can anyone tell me where the camber adjustment bolt or whatever is for the front? Pics would help. Greatly appreciated!

Dougy90
01-12-2011, 01:52 AM
There isn't one

GTAsian
01-12-2011, 07:38 AM
So then I take it that I can't adjust the camber on the front?

Dougy90
01-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Nope...u can't adjust it. But u may be able to get minimal adjustment in camper if u loosen the two strut bolts. Have someone push on the wheel to get it where u want it and lock it down. I have not tried it with our cars but I have done it with other cars when I'm aligning them. Just keep in mind the "adjustment" will be minimal.

alltracman78
01-12-2011, 07:04 PM
You'd be surprised at how much adjustment you can get from just loosening the strut bolts. If you want more camber loosen them and set the full weight on the wheels, then tighten. If you want less camber loosen with the wheel in the air and tighten with no weight on the wheel.
You MIGHT be able to get a tiny bit more adjustment if you loosen the 3 nuts on top of the strut. That's a long shot though.

You can also buy what are called camber bolts or crash bolts. They replace the top strut bolt and are thinner with a cam on them. This allows for quite a bit of adjustment.

And, you can buy camber plates that replace your strut mounts. This is the best way to adjust, also the most expensive.

GTAsian
01-13-2011, 02:37 AM
The two bolts on the bottom of the strut? I should give that a try. It wouldn't effect my ride would it (shakey steering, jerking to the side when braking, etc.)?

KoreanJoey
01-13-2011, 04:45 AM
Loosen, adjust, tighten back down. not leave loose.

GTAsian
01-13-2011, 12:01 PM
Thanks guys! I'll take a look at it first thing in the morning and let you guys know how it goes.