PDA

View Full Version : Lowered my ST204 20mm--PROBLEMS-- HELP please.

ALAN
01-07-2011, 09:31 AM
I've just installed Kinsprings (a local manufacturer of lower than OE springs) in my ST204 which I wrapped so they gave a 20mm drop front and rear , at the same time I installed 2 new Boge rear struts (fronts are good) had camber pins installed left side to take out the excess neg camber (right side is good) and a complete wheel alignment done by a reputable suspension shop.

They also straightened up my steering wheel which was at 10 to 12 when going straight forward to being quarter to and quarter past when going straight ahead.

And the car pulls to the left.

I then took it to another reputable suspension shop who spent 3 hours aligning, camber adjusting, rotating wheels, etc.

And the car pulls to the left.

Has anyone else had this happen--(in any car ???

The car has not had a knock.

I'm stumped--help please !!!!!

:wacko:

DeeCee
01-09-2011, 06:37 AM
how hard is the car pulling to the left? If its a mild drift, then the settings are correct as you drive on the left hand side of the road and if you fall asleep, then the car will drift off the road instead of into on coming traffic.
The only way to get it truly straight is to go through a motorsports company to get it straight, but as roads are cambered, it will be hard to tell how much drift you have to be honest.

Galcobar
01-09-2011, 10:06 AM
Simple question/solution: are the wheels unbalanced, or do the tires show uneven treadwear? Either can cause a pull.

187flatliner
01-09-2011, 12:38 PM
shit mine pulls to the right sometimes then it will pull to the left...had it in three different alignment shops and they cant seem to find the problem.....i cut to coils off the front and the back are stock...new tie-rods, alignment is spot on and i have the camber bolt set.

one of the guys did say the roads i drive on my be the biggest problem .