PDA

View Full Version : Did some work on the Mini today

david in germany
12-30-2010, 06:00 PM
I did a nice little mod to the Mini today, I added a JCW Aero kit front bumper and added the Brake cooling ducts.. 2 hours in 25-26 deg temperatures...

Here you go, a couple of pics!
Here is the original front end
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/7/8/DSCF0002a.jpg

New front end
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/7/8/dscn2923.jpg
Some of the mods to the car other than the front end are 3" exhaust from the DP back, Larger FMIC, Texas speed works springs, Texas speed works rotors, EBC redstuff pads, Jsart wing extension, K&N drop in filter. I did have a Alta Cold Air intake but I lost 5-10mph on my top end with it. Durring the summer I run a 210+ HP to the wheels remap but in the winter I can't keep traction so I run stock map.

Hookecho
12-30-2010, 06:09 PM
Man, that looks much better than the stock bumper.

david in germany
12-30-2010, 06:12 PM
haha and it is functional!! :) I am hoping some of the air pressure will reduce my brake dusting too!

taibones
12-30-2010, 07:42 PM
i dont even want to work on the celica cause of the Schnee and cold your a braver man then i

celica9303
12-30-2010, 08:00 PM
Nice work! I wanna mini some day!

DIG- you ever coming back state side? Or you permant resident of germany?

Murgatroy
12-30-2010, 08:11 PM
Nice work! I wanna mini some day!

DIG- you ever coming back state side? Or you permant resident of germany?
If he answers that, he will have to kill you.

I dig it sir. No pun intended.

My wife still want a Mini...

Siyx
12-30-2010, 08:12 PM
Anyone else notice the broom instead of a shovel for snow removal?? :D

celica9303
12-30-2010, 08:19 PM
Anyone else notice the broom instead of a shovel for snow removal?? :D

Lol I noticed that too, I'm guessing he used it to brush off the mini or the pavement..... I have a neighbor that does that to his lawn lol

david in germany
12-30-2010, 08:40 PM
haha, the broom was for the rest of the snow after shoveling for about 30 minutes before I started on the car.
The tools that were on the other side of the car against my house were a snow shovel and an Ice blade (looks like a shovel handle with a 8 x 12" stainless steel blade) to chop through ice on the side walk and drive way.

As for retuning to the US of A. I will stay here where I can drive fast and have really good beer when I get home.

Taibones, yeah man it is damned cold but I didn't want to wait an hour for a bay and lift at the craft shop.

celica9303
12-30-2010, 08:45 PM
haha, the broom was for the rest of the snow after shoveling for about 30 minutes before I started on the car.
The tools that were on the other side of the car against my house were a snow shovel and an Ice blade (looks like a shovel handle with a 8 x 12" stainless steel blade) to chop through ice on the side walk and drive way.

As for retuning to the US of A. I will stay here where I can drive fast and have really good beer when I get home.

Taibones, yeah man it is damned cold but I didn't want to wait an hour for a bay and lift at the craft shop.

Fair enough of an answer. Ever though about a vist maybe for a future dragon run? I know if I ever make it over to germany who I'm gonna look up!

Again nice work! You have the turbo version right? Any more pics of the other mods?

david in germany
12-30-2010, 08:59 PM
Fair enough of an answer. Ever though about a vist maybe for a future dragon run? I know if I ever make it over to germany who I'm gonna look up!

Again nice work! You have the turbo version right? Any more pics of the other mods?
If you do ever make it over here Please do look me up. Pics of the other mods?
I try to go function over style so most you wouldn't notice except the dual 3" pipes out the back. I'll try to get a few more pics up of under hood tomorrow.

It is the Turbo version and I have found it's limits. The stock turbo is capable of right around 18psi before it runs out of steam. And top speed is 150mph. (Anyone tells you any different they are lieing unless it is a Factory John Cooper Works or JCW and they are limited to just over 160 or so) I may eventually try and track down a stock JCW turbo and install it because they can boost a solid 24psi

On a side note, all Mini's have the same block and head (depending on year) they just have a different tune or a different turbo.

celica9303
12-30-2010, 09:08 PM
Very cool DIG. I'm the same way as per functional over style. Well being in the Army now(well National Guard) who know where I might get to go. I know there are guardsmen in germany so its a maybe.

taibones
01-04-2011, 11:24 AM
i went up to frankfurt airport to pick up a friend from the airport term 1, inside they have a nice mini, roll cage, rims, racing stickers alone has to be about 30 extra horses
any how i was going to say if you need any extra parts let me know i know where a car is

david in germany
01-04-2011, 11:37 AM
I was looking at it when I went to england a couple of weeks ago. Body work is atrocious but I guess it is cool for a track car, but if you put something on a display you should at least make it presentable. lol I think it was a modded JCW as well.

Nitro_Alltrac
01-05-2011, 02:19 AM
First time I've seen this set up. Very nice.

JDM SNUKUMZ
01-05-2011, 03:38 AM
Looks much better now.

Shadowlife25
01-06-2011, 12:41 AM
Great job as usual David :)