PDA

View Full Version : Glass sunroof for my 91 all-trac???

lalojamesliz
12-27-2010, 01:12 PM
Has anyone replaced their sunroof with a glass sunroof that you can see through? Is it possible? I don't have to have the sliding cover that goes under it.

Murgatroy
12-27-2010, 03:43 PM
I have a glass sunroof, but it is aftermarket, ASC installed it. It was in the car when I got it. It is larger than the stock one and slides over the top, as opposed to into the top.

Maruki-kun
12-27-2010, 05:13 PM
if I were you, i'd replace the part with lexan or something. much lighter then stock and see through

lalojamesliz
12-28-2010, 06:00 AM
Double post

lalojamesliz
12-28-2010, 06:00 AM
I have a glass sunroof, but it is aftermarket, ASC installed it. It was in the car when I got it. It is larger than the stock one and slides over the top, as opposed to into the top.

Any dea how much$$$?

90blacktrac
12-28-2010, 07:17 AM
Would you be interested in just getting a sliding cover I think I have 2 or 3 laying around haha. Oh btw I can only offer gray ones the blue is mine stay away.... but since your at is not white we should be ok!

90blacktrac
12-28-2010, 07:29 AM
Wow nevermind I read you post a little better and saw that you are indeed looking to go to a moon roof out of preference, at one time redrocket or maybe someone from alltrac.net was working on a group buy for lexan replacements. I'm a little fuzzy on my recolection here but it would be worth a search to see if it ever panned out.

lalojamesliz
12-28-2010, 08:18 AM
I'll check it out :) thanks. This car is my daily driver BTW. Do you know if my sunroof will still work with the lexan? I still want it to open up but I want to have the moonroof option. I don't HAVE to have this I just want to know if I can so I can do it :)

90blacktrac
12-28-2010, 08:36 AM
Once again vauge memory here but I think the lexan replacement was purely for weight savings which would leave me to believe that it was intended for closed only.

lalojamesliz
12-28-2010, 01:02 PM
Probally :(

taibones
12-28-2010, 07:59 PM
my jdm has a glass top stock i can post the measurements later and you can see if it will fit if it does i can find a parts number there is one with a glass top in the yard around here

lalojamesliz
12-29-2010, 10:35 PM
Hey man, thank you for the help.from the inside the the with (driver side to passenger) That is from one edge of the cloth trim to the other and the length is about 14 1/4. From the outside it's 33 1/8 wide and 16 length. The front side of the sunroof has a slight curve to it. Please let me know. Thanks again. Eduardo

Car_Barn_Bandit
12-29-2010, 10:58 PM
RedRocket has an ST165 option. I once brought up the idea of an ST18x option by sourcing a lexan/lucite place in Illinois. The manufacturer would need a roof panel to make a template. I got into an argument over interfering with vendors when I was trying to help find a solution, so the conversation died. Maybe we should speak up again and see if someone is willing to source this out.

Basically the clear or tinted replacement would work like the current roof, you would just skip the soft interior covers and have the track partially exposed.

90blacktrac
12-29-2010, 11:18 PM
I have a spare st18x sunroof assembly I could ship out somewhere if it would help the cause. Or swing over to redrocket's place at the end of February after 100 acre woods, I think I remember him being in St. Louis.

Car_Barn_Bandit
12-29-2010, 11:33 PM
Try dropping a PM to see how the guy is doing. This should be a relatively easy thing to do. I am interested and so is my brother. Whoever ends up making these will want 10-20 people to make it worthwhile price wise.