PDA

View Full Version : iso connector

taibones
12-22-2010, 08:10 PM
anybody ever use iso harness for their cd player for a celica

david in germany
12-23-2010, 08:09 PM
Yep, numerous times. You should not need it for a Toyota though. What are you trying to do?

taibones
12-23-2010, 08:57 PM
i got a double din jvc cd player and it has the iso male ends it for my celica i got one at media market for 15 euro but the guy who had the car before me ran the speakers in the car to an amp so i got to take everything apart to find the stock speaker wire to hook them back up to the speakers

david in germany
12-25-2010, 04:35 PM
You should be able to find a toyota harness to use and splice into the Iso connector. Are the oem plugs still there? If you need any plugs let me know as I have male and female Iso as well as the female for the toyota.

taibones
12-25-2010, 05:51 PM
no i dont need anything the guy that had the car before me had a system the cd player that he had in the car was gone but the plug that goes into the back of the cd player was still there the stock connectors are still in the car. he used a bigger gauge wire to run for the amp to the stock speakers i just got to see if the stock wiring is still there

david in germany
12-25-2010, 07:22 PM
in most cases the stock speaker wires will handle all the power you need to send threw them. Only time I would ever worry about upgrading the speaker wires is for a sub or anything over 200w rms to any given speaker. 200w is almost too much power to a single mid or tweeter anyways.

taibones
12-26-2010, 03:28 PM
i took the left side door panel off and took the speaker out of the door the speakers are aftermarket and were ran to an amp i had to cut the stock speaker plug and extended the wires to the speaker