PDA

View Full Version : Toyota celica gt 2 .2 car feeling jumpy

rich123
12-18-2010, 03:36 PM
I have a question..

I have a problem with my car. I have a 1994 celica gt its about 115k miles..i recently did a a little tune up..i changed the oil, oil fiter I changed the sparks plugs..i put in platinum sparks plug..i didn't changed the head set wires or the distributor which I plan to do so..

Im not sure why it does feels jumpy.kinda feel like a jumping back and forth motion. It use to happen before I did the the tune up but only once in a while now it happend often.. Im am thinking that the spark plugs I put in may not be the ones for my car..some people say it could be the tires because I have scion rims on it and be because they are too big for my car which I highly doubt that's the problem tho

Any clues on what might be causing this??
Any suggestions on house to fix this issue..

jay4prez
12-18-2010, 06:48 PM
idle fluctuate erratically? pull ur plugs and check if its oiled/could be the same as mine, and with the newer plugs it makes a semi-weak spark more evident when 3/4 cylinders are firing at max and one is slightly off.

Welcome 2 ctech btw, new yorker, same here.

187flatliner
12-18-2010, 07:44 PM
could check your engine mounts as well.

jlive
12-20-2010, 07:05 PM
My car was jumpy too at one time becuase of a misfire. Turns out I had a bad spark plug wire. Try this: While the car is running, pull out one spark plug wire. The car will bog down but will run on 3 cylinders. If you notice the misfires still occurring, put that wire back in and pull the next one. If you pull one and you don't notice the misfire anymore the problem is either the wire in your hand or the plug in that cylinder. If it still misfires during the whole test you either have two bad wires or maybe a bad coil to dizzy wire.

I wouldnt buy aftermarket wires either, they suck. Buy OEM.

Siyx
12-20-2010, 10:22 PM
/\
what they said. My car would jump when I hit boost or was under heavy load (drive down the road with the hand break on). I changed a ton of stuff only to find out all I really needed were new wires.

KoreanJoey
12-23-2010, 01:04 AM
Plugs wires or a cracked spark plug maybe... Jumpy at idle? Can you feel it in the chassis of the car?

rich123
01-07-2011, 04:43 PM
Thx i appreciate you guys help.. Sorry for the late response. Yup it was the wires. I needed to change them also. I also changed the distributor.

Jay4prez.. Thx for the welcome..NY hasn't been treating my Celica well With all these pot holes in NY LOL